Chapter 2

Sam took his shoes, socks and jeans off and laid down next to me. Automatically I stretched out my arm, welcoming him to lay down close to me. He pressed his smaller body against mine, laying his head on my shoulder and hand on my chest. Yes, I was still hurt. Yes, we would have to talk later.
But right now,I needed this more than anything .I needed him.
The warmth of his body, his heartbeat right next to mine and his fingers drawing small circles on my chest finally put my thoughts to rest for a couple of minutes and I closed my eyes,allowing myself to rest.
Unintentionally, I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.
When I woke up, it was bright outside. Sam was laying right on top of me, softly snorring .
Thats when I realized I didn't wanna fight anymore. Why would I? I loved him. No one else could calm me down without even talking, no one else cared for me like he did. Sam didn't like me because I was tall, popular or athletic, he liked me because of me. He liked booklovin' tapdancing, vegetable-growing Gareth. Even though Sam was deaf, he was the first person that ever really listened to me. Listened to my heart.

When he'd first came over, we had talked for hours and hours and hours. He'd been quiet at the right times, he had asked questions at the right times. Once I'd finally asked him to kiss me, we made out for a couple of minutes, but when he realized I wasn't ready for more yet, he'd stopped. He didn't chew on it, he didn't presurre me into anything, he didn't even mention it. He simply laid down next to me and picked up our conversation right where we had ended.

Without even noticing it, I started to cry. Sam woke up from the vibration of my chest, and looked at me with such confusion and worry that I cried even harder. "What's wrong Grizz?" he whispered, putting his hand on my cheek, still laying on top of me.
"I don't wanna fight anymore. I - I love you Sam. Let us figure this thing out, please. I wanna be with you. I do," I cried, shocked by my own words. Although I'd been with girls before, I had never confessed my love like this. Because - I had never loved someone like this.
Afraid what he might say, I looked into his face. His beautiful blue eyes were watery and I saw that he was feeling what I was feeling, that he knew what I was saying." He knodded, and made a few signs. I didn't need an ASL dictionary for what he had just signed.
" I love you. "
I kissed him, and it was the best kiss I ever had. It was salty, and helpless and loving and hectic and perfectly imperfect.
Once we stopped kissing, we just laid there for a couple more minutes. Finally, Sam broke the silence. He got up, still sitting on me astride, so he could see my face whilst talking. I put my hands on his hips, just patiently waiting for what he was gonna say.

"I am not Eden's biological father. Me and Becca never had Sex, neither did or do we have romantical feelings towards each other," he opened up.
I knew that I should be shocked, but it kinda made sense. Although Eden kinda looked like Sam, everyone knew he was gay and him hooking up with Becca just didn't make any sense.
I nodded slowly, a little confused as to why he had not told me earlier.
" I'm sorry, Grizz. I should have told you earlier. But I offered Becca to pretend that I am the father to prevent questions about the biological father." he continued on.
"Who is the real father?
" That's the thing. I don't know. I've tried a couple of times but she just won't talk. But I asked her if I could tell you that I am not the biological father, and it's fine with her as long as it stays between the three of us. However, I hope this kinda makes you feel better. Cause really, I love Becca and Eden but I wanna be with you," he closed.
It did make me feel better. I understood Sam's reasoning, and as long as I was his only significant other, I had absolutely no problem with a best friend and an adorable baby.

" It does make me feel better. Thank you for being so honest, Babe," I thanked him and pulled him down into another kiss.

-

Later that day,me and Sam were taking a walk around the football field. Only a few people were there, it had gotten really cold outside. Nevertheless, we had picked up Eden from Becca so she could rest for a couple hours. Sam had her in a carrier in front of his chest, under his jacket to make sure she was warm. The little girl had just woken up, and opened her tiny eyes to the world, yawning. "I could have sworn she has Eliot blood. She reminds me so much of you and your mother!" I whispered. It was true. "Well, she doesn't," Sam snickered. I put an arm around his shoulders and laughed too. "Could be Campbell's baby," I responded jokingly. Immediately, Sam stopped walking and looked at me in disbelief.