Chapter 8

"It's my fault Sam. It's all my fault", the blonde cried and buried her face in her long, thin fingers. Me and Elle had had some classes together sophomore as well as junior year and I had always remembered her as very neat. Tidy, new clothing. Curled, ashblonde hair. Nails done, Make Up. But her nails weren't painted, they were chewed down. Her hair seemed greasy and her grey shirt had some stains. Sure, our new living environment had changed all of us. But it had destroyed Elle.

"Elle. I can't seem to follow up with you. Please explain", Sam responded calmly and put a hand on her back,rubbing it softly. Elle continued sobbing for what felt like 10 more minutes and I, feeling helpless, brought her some tissues. No one was worrying about us being late for breakfast at this point, my gut told me that we were facing way bigger issues right now.
"Yesterday- I- I tried to move out", Elle started off her story, a little calmer now. She tried to dry down some tears but they just kept on coming.
"I don't see how that has anything to do with Eden" I quarried out, wishing I wouldn't have said anything the minute i said it. Elle looked at me, obviously shocked by my exclamation. "Sorry", I muttered, "please go on. "

And Elle went on. Yesterday morning, she had tried to leave Campbell's house. Tried to convince Campbell with his own arguments, give back to the people and giving back to Elle. When he had gotten angrier and angrier by the minute, the ballerina had attempted to calm him by joking around that she would get pregnant if they would live together for much longer. "And somehow he interpreted it as me having something against baby's that are born outside of marriage. Which I don't, I promise, really I" she rambled but Sam interrupted her. "We know, oh lord, we know Elle. That is just Campbell. Turning your words into something they were never meant to be," he mumbled and drove his fingers through his ginger hair. He looked at me and I could obviously tell that all of this was bad, very very bad news, but I didn't know Campbell well enough to put all the pieces together." So I am assuming he offered you to hurt Eden? Or I don't know, take care of her? In your interest of course?" Sam assumed and now it all clicked for me as well.
Elle could just nodd, still crying. "Why is he like that?" she muttered.

"Because he is sick. This is a game to him. We're the pieces. You, Grizz, me, Becca, Eden. Everyone in this universe. But we're not in his team, oh no. Campbell isn't a team player, I don't care what Harry and Lexi think. But Campbell has never been in a team with anyone but himself," Sam exposed. Angry and confused he got up and tigered around the room. Elle didn't seem to feel better now that she had gotten her answer. On the contrary. She was as pale as the white wall behind her, seemingly frozen
My boyfriend walked up to me. " This is bad news, Grizz", he signed to me, his usually friendly warm face as hard and cold as stone

Well, I am back I guess. Hope you like this, just wanted to put out a lil something. Gonna try and update more regularly, xoxo