Chapter 12

A/n
I don't know a lot about eating disorders. I only know what I've read about it in books or what I've researched. I've never had a eating disorder so if anything is wrong, feel free to educate me on what's right.

Also, one direction (besides Zayn) is still together in this because I won't give up hope!

Autumn

I wake up still in Ashton's grip. I wiggle around, trying to get up to go to the bathroom, but also trying not the wake him. I nearly slip out when his grip tightens around me, causing me to groan.

"Dad, let me go, I have to pee." I whine into his chest.

"Hm?" He hums, his eyes fluttering open. "Oh, sorry." He says, releasing me from his death grip. I run to the bathroom, Milo following close behind me.

"Really?" I ask Milo as he prances into the bathroom with me. I use the bathroom and wash my hands before walking back out to a messy haired Ashton. His eyes are closed and small snores escape his lips, making me giggle softly. I run and jump on Ashton, screaming loudly, making him jump up wide eyed. Milo barks at me as I start laughing my ass off.

"Jesus, Autumn!" He shouts, his deep voice booming throughout the room, causing me to stop laughing and stiffen up, scared of what he could do.

"S-Sorry." I stutter quietly, getting off of him, nerves clear in my every move. "I'm j-just going to feed Milo." I say, walking quickly out of the room while twiddling my thumbs together. Ashton calls after me, but I keep my eyes on the ground and keep walking, Milo following me.  I walk into the kitchen and see all of the boys eyes on me.

  "What happened?" Luke asks. I ignore him, walking over and picking up Milo's bowl.

  "Why are you shaking?" Calum prods. I, again, ignore him and pour two big scoops of food into the bowl.

  "Autumn." Michael says, grabbing the bowl from my hands, making me look at him. "What happened?" He asks again.

  "Nothing." I mutter and grab the bowl from him, placing it on the ground for Milo. Just then, Ashton walks down the stairs. I get too scared to acknowledge what mood he's in so I  walk out of the back door and over to the pool. I sit for a minute with my feet in the water before I hear the door open. I don't bother to look at who it is.

  "Autumn, baby." Ashton's soft voice sounds from right behind me. He places a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch. "Hey, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." He says, sitting next to me. He grabs my hand before look me in the eye. "I'm sorry for yelling. I just got scared, is all. But I promise, no matter what, I will never hurt you." He says.

  "Promise?" I ask, my voice cracking. I hadn't even realized I was crying until now.

  "Promise." He smiles.

  We hug and get up and walk toward the door. We walk in and all the boys have expectant looks on their faces.

  "Well?" Calum asks impatiently.

  "We're all good. Who's hungry?" He asks. All of the boys say that they're hungry.

  "I'm not that hungry. I'll eat later." I lie.

"You sure?" Ashton asks skeptically. I nod and smile at him before letting Milo outside to do his business.

§

5: 49 P.M.

I sit in my room, drawing the butterfly I saw the other day. I'm so engrossed with drawing that when the doorbell rings, it's makes me jump out of my skin. I shrug it off and continue drawing. A few minutes later, my stomach growls, begging for food that I refuse to give it. I ignore it and continue to draw until there's a knock at my door. I tell them to come in and Ashton walks in.

  "Two things." He starts. "One, we have some friends over who want to meet you and two, they brought food."

  "I swear if you brought over One Direction I'm going to have a fan girl moment." I state seriously.

  "Uhh, well..." He trails off. I jump to feet.

  "You did not." I say, wide eyed.

  "I mean..."

  "I can't go down there. I'll have a panic attack." I state.

  "Why?" He asks.

  "I'd be too freaked out that I'll make myself look stupid." I tell him.

  "You'll be fine." He says walking toward me. Suddenly he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder

  "No!" I whine. "Why are you so strong?!" I yell, banging on his back. "Dad, please put me down!" I say, scared that he's going to drop me as we head to the stairs. "No, not the stairs, please." He takes a step down the stairs and I freak out. "Oh my god! Don't go down the stairs! Dad, this is really scary! You're gonna drop me!" I yell, panicking.

  "Chill, Autumn, I won't drop you, you're fine." He states calmly.

  "Dad, please put me down." I beg.

  "Will you come meet them?" He asks.

  "And make myself look like a stupid fuck!? Hell no!"

  "Then over my shoulder it is." He says, walking the rest of the way. We get to the bottom, but he doesn't put me down. He brings me to the kitchen and puts me down. I immediately lay on the ground dramatically.

  "Oh my god that was terrifying." I state, seemingly trying to hug the floor for dear life. I hear a chorus of laughs and I look up to see eight boys. I stand up and look at Ashton. "See, I told you I'd look like a stupid fuck!" I exclaim.

  "You don't look like a stupid fuck, now watch your language." He tells me.

  "But you just-"

  "Don't argue with him, it's pointless." Michael states.  Ashton grabs my shoulders and spins me around to face the One Direction boys.

  "Boys, this is Autumn, Autumn, I'm assuming by the way you reacted, you know them already, correct?" He asks. My cheeks heat up as I nod. We exchange hellos before the boys, besides Ashton, get back into a conversation. I turn back around and lean my forehead against Ashton's chest.

  "That was embarrassing." I say into his chest. He laughs and rubs my back.

  "You're fine." He states simply.

  "Whatever." I mutter before walking away to sit on a barstool and watch the conversation.