Chapter 19

Michael

Today is the day that Autumn comes out to the guys. I'm so excited to see their reactions.

Auttie: are you guys on your way home?

Me: yeah. About ten minutes away. I'll tell you when we're pulling up ;)

Auttie: Okay :)

"Earth to Michael!" Calum screams.

"What?" I ask.

"We said, 'how are we going to tell Autumn about the tour?'" Luke says, annoyed, from the drivers seat.

"I don't know. I think we should just tell her at dinner or something." I say.

They nod. A few minutes later we pull onto our street.

Me: we just turned onto our street.

Auttie: aaHH IM SO NERVOUS MIKEY HELP

Me: you'll be fine, A.

Auttie: yeah, like that helps.

We pull into the driveway and get out. I quickly pull up my camera as we get to the door. Ashton unlocks the door and I start recording from behind all three of them. He opens the door and swings it open. They all pile in and I stay, recording from the doorway. They all stop and stare at the giant pride flag on the wall that says 'HEY DAD, I'M GAY.' In bold letters, Autumn standing in front of it.

Autumn

My heart pounds as I watch the door handle turn. I stand in front of the flag and wait for the door open. The door swings open and it feels as if everything goes in slow motion. The boys, besides Mikey, who is filming at the door, pile into the room. They read the flag and stare for a minute before looking to me.

Ashton has a blank stare on his face, when suddenly, his face turns into a happy and smiling one.

"You like girls?" He asks. I nod, not saying anything. "Nice, me too!" He says, raising his hand to give me a high five. I laugh and raise my hand as well, meeting his in a high five. The boys, besides Michael, group around me and give me a giant hug. From the corner of my eye. I see Michael put his phone down and join the hug. After a few minutes they pull away.

"So does that means there's a special girl?" Luke asks. I feel my face heat up involuntarily.

"There is!" Calum exclaims.

"It's Alaina!" Ashton shouts.

"How the fuck did you know?" I ask, extremely embarrassed.

"She's your only friend." He replies.

"Ouch." I hiss. "No need to bring that up." I laugh.

"Sorry." He laughs. Michael comes up and hugs me.

"Told you they'd be okay with it." He tells me.

"You told him before you told us?" Luke asks, offended.

"I didn't tell him. He found out when I was drying the flag." I vaguely explain.