Chapter 24

One panic attack, four guys and one dog calming me down, six hours of sleep, and eight boring hours of being awake later, we land in L.A.

  We walk out of the plane, Milo obediently by my side. As we're waiting for our bags, Calum starts talking and I text Alaina that I had landed.

  "So we're getting a car to the hotel and then the tour bus will arrive when we leave L.A." he explains. We all nod and the bags start dropping out onto the conveyer belt. I hook Milo's leash to one of my belt loops and grab my suitcase. We wait until all six of us (including the boys manager) have their bags before walking out of the airport to be met by security.

  We walk a few steps before we hear screaming. We look to the side and see a mob of girls running towards us. They're coming at full speed, and if I'm honest, it's quite terrifying.

  The security guards circle us to make sure we aren't trampled as they start crowding around us. Looking around at the hundreds of teenage girls has my nerves through the roof. Milo looks up at me before getting in front of me, making me stop.

  "Let's go." A guard snaps, causing me to jump away from the scary man.

  "Dude, chill out. It's the dogs job to keep her calm, and that's exactly what he's trying to do, so don't snap at my daughter." Ashton snaps back.

  "It's okay, Milo. I can hold it together until we get to the car." I say, petting him and pulling him to the side, continuing to walk. We make it to the car and hop in after putting our suitcases in the trunk.

  As soon as I sit down, Milo jumps up on my lap and starts licking my face, making me laugh. This is him doing his job of distracting me from my panic attack. This is the last resort. If I physically can't calm down, or there is no time to calm down— Much like what just happened, his job is to distract me. From another persons point of view, this would look like he's untrained and has no manners, but this is his training.

  It works and my nerves go away because I'm not focusing on them. I smile and start scratching him behind his ears. He leans into my touch, pressing his face against my hand.

  Soon, we pull up to a big building. We get out and grab our bags, walking into the lobby. The boys check in and I wait behind them. Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see a man in a suit.

  "Miss, you can't have pets here." He states. I narrow my eyes at him.

  "He's a service dog." I tell him.

  "Yeah, sure." He says, clearly not believing me. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

  "Excuse me?" I say, dumbfounded. "You legally can't kick me out because of my dog." I tell him.

  Suddenly, he grabs my arm, yanking me towards the exit. I hiss at his pressure on my arm. Milo starts barking at the man. I frantically look around for one of the boys and see that the closest one is Michael.

  "Michael!" I call out. He turns his head towards my voice, eyebrows furrowed. He sees me struggling against this man and immediately rushes over to me.

  "What the hell is your problem?" Michael yells, prying his hand from my arm. He pushes me behind him and Milo stops barking.

  "Pets aren't allowed in this facility, and she's refusing to leave." He tells him.

  "He isn't a pet, he's a service dog!" He snaps. I scramble to get the papers out of my bag as the rest of the boys walk up.

  "If you need proof, here." I say, shoving the papers in his face. His face pales as he frantically apologizes. I shove the papers back in my bag. I look at my upper arm where his grip was, seeing red marks, which will soon be bruised.

  "What the fuck?" Ashton says when he sees my arm. "Why was he grabbing you?" He says, jaw clenching.

  "He was telling me pets aren't allowed but he didn't listen when I told him it was a service dog, so he tried to throw me out." I say, rubbing my arm.

  "Son of a bitch." He mumbles. He gently grabs my free hand and we walk to the elevator. We all pile in and head up to the eighth floor. We all get to our floor and go our separate ways. Ashton and I share a room, Calum and Michael share a room, and Luke and Nick (the boys tour manager) share a room.

  Ashton and I walk into our room and it's beautiful. A big white bed is in the middle of the room. The floor is a fluffy white carpet that squishes under my feet. A brown dresser stands on the wall with a large TV on it. The bathroom is big with a shower and a bathtub.

  I place my suitcase and carry on down, take my shoes off, and unhook Milo from his leash before plopping down on the bed. I log onto twitter and type a tweet.

AuttieIrwin:

some dick just tried to kick me out of the hotel for having a pet and wouldn't believe me when i said he was a service dog, even though he had his vEST ON. life's great :)

  Christina5SOS: replying to @ AuttieIrwin: what the fuck is wrong with some people?

  CalumsLane: replying to @ AuttieIrwin: you probably don't even need a service dog 🙄

  See 3,493 more replies

  I roll my eyes at the hate comments and throw my phone onto the bed. Seeing as it's 3:30 A.M. here, I should probably try to sleep, even though it's only 8:30 P.M. in Australia.

I slip off the bed and grab some sweat pants and and a tank top out of my bag, along with new underwear. I slip into the bathroom and strip out of my shorts and T-Shirt and start to put on my sweat pants, when I feel something trickle down my leg. I look down to see blood slowly dripping down my leg. I groan loudly and open the door slightly, only enough to stick my head out.

"Dad!" I call out. A few moments later, he walks towards me. "Can you grab my carry on, please!" I drag out the 'e' and flash a sweet smile. He laughs and nods, walking away, before coming back with my bag. "Thank you." I say, quickly disappearing back into the bathroom.

I quickly clean up and do what's necessary and then put my sweats and tank top on. I walk out and immediately plop down on the bed, feeling tired, weirdly enough. I end up falling asleep on top of the covers, Milo snuggling up close to me.

...

A/N

  Hey guys, just wanted to say that I have a new photography Instagram account, so follow me if you want!

  @ just__basic_photography