• Phɑse 4 •

Minutes before...

While Aditya was feeling negative throughout the journey to visit the suitor's family whom his parents have chosen for him, Aaksha observed her younger brother's nervousness clearly showing with his actions. She was seated to his right and at times Aditya was adjusting the pocket square of his suit with a Blue coloured 'kerchief while at other times, he was either looking outside intently or adjusting his coat. Aditya's every slight movement screamed awkwardness and Aaksha couldn't take the chance of letting her brother get blamed next by their Papa for behaving weird on the way. That's why she slapped Aditya's right hand immediately when he started monkeying around with the nail of his pinky finger.

Aditya stared at his sister furiously which made Aaksha puzzled and the next moment he put his tongue out at her, letting her know that he's just fooling around. Aaksha smiled at her brother's cute prank and pulled him slowly towards her by holding his arm and mumbled to his ear slowly.

"Beta, aaj main bhi dekhthi hoon ki tu kitna darega jab woh ladki tere saamne aayegi toh, ha? Mere saath mazaak kar raha haina, apni di ke saath? Tere saath aisa hi hona chahiye main bata rahi hoon!"

Aditya furrowed his eyebrows and humphed while Aaksha let out her tongue at him. The siblings never let a chance to tease each other. But the confident Aditya wasn't one to back-off.

"Toh di aap bhi yaad rakhna, main bhi koi aira gaira ladka nahi hoon. Mera naam bhi Aditya Hooda hai. Main kisi bhi ladki se nahi dartha alright?"

Aaksha couldn't help but chuckle abruptly at the remark of Aditya which was heard by both their parents.

"Aaksha, kya hua?"

"Aapko achanak hasi kyun aayi Aaksha? Kya kaha Adi ne?"

Harshwardhan was busy driving but he questioned Aaksha while Anjana turned around from the passenger seat to look behind at her kids to know what happened. Aditya and Aaksha looked at each other unable to form a proper lie but Aaksha managed to settle the moment.

"Ah... na.. nahi mom. Mere dost ne kuch pictures bejha hai unke bete ki b'day party se toh main bas vahi dekh.. dekh kar has rahi thi. Just that..."

Aditya let out a sigh slowly while Aaksha was glad with herself to make up a fake story so soon. As usual Anjana was trapped with the lie and with a smile she looked front again. But Harshwardhan who was listening to the conversation didn't go let of the answer his daughter gave so easily.

"Agar tujhe doosro ki parivaaro ko dekh kar itni khushi hothi hai toh Aaksha doosri shaadi ke baare mein bhi sochna shuru kare toh achcha hai. Beta, Adi ke shaadi khatam hone ke baad hum dono phir se tere liye koi paise kamaane waale, achche parivaar ke ladke ko dhoond neki khoshish karne ke baare mein already discuss ki hai. Tu bhi taiyaar rehena..."

With her father's unbelievable statement Aaksha felt weak and disheartened. When will her parents ever understand her? Her needs and her dreams? That she doesn't want to be tied with a thread to commitment which will anyway falter behind? She felt her eyes welling with tears slowly and she looked to her right side to wipe them off.

Aditya couldn't understand why has his parents never tried to give their attention to the kids of their own! They of course paid attention to him and his sister when it came to professionalism, that is their professional lives when they supported Aditya with his dream and let Aaksha complete her degree or marriage for sure but when their children needed their parents support the most, advice and love where were they? Busy with their own lives and now they come to order around.

Aditya looked at Aaksha to notice that she was trying to hide away her sorrow by looking the other way. She has always been like that, selfless. Aaksha was always the closest to Aditya and whenever he needed a friend, an adviser or someone to share his dreams with, his elder sister was always present there for him. Even after she got married and left the Hooda house, it took sometime for Aaksha to cope up with the fact that she won't be seeing her cute and mischievous younger brother around anymore but with time, things changed drastically in the blink of an eye and finally Aaksha was back at her own house.

Aditya placed his hand over his sister's to which Aaksha sobbed lightly and looked at his face. Aditya could notice the redness of Aaksha's button nose and her eyes still covered with tears. He shook his head in a 'No', took out the 'kerchief from his pocket and wiped off his sister's tears and lent her the handkerchief. Aaksha managed a thin smile and clearing her face with the 'kerchief, she folded the it and placed it properly on Aditya's coat pocket and tapped above it and nodded her head, letting Aditya know that she's fine.

Aditya couldn't give his sister a hug to show that she'll never feel miserable while he's around since Harshwardhan can notice them through the rear-view mirror but he placed his hand over his sisters, touching his heart and closed his eyes. The unspoken conversation of the brother and sister was the purest.

It was then that Harshwardhan's Audi came to a sudden halt, making the brother-sister duo realize that they should be ready to get down but strangely they were near a super market on the main road and not outside any house.

"Kya hua dad? Car mein koi problem?"

Aditya touched Harshwardhan's shoulder and asked with concern.

"Nahi Adi, car ko kuch nahi hua. It's just that maine abhi abhi Waseem bhaisaab ko super market se bahar nikhalthe huve dekatha I think"

Aditya and Aaksha gave each other a glare which obviously meant that neither of them understood what their dad just said. Who's Waseem and why did dad stop the car seeing a man coming out of a normal super market? Aditya was more than unclear about the situation. Harshwardhan immediately removed the seat belt and got out of the car, closing the door behind him and walked near a Black colour Range Rover. Anjana turned to look at her children who were eagerly looking at the direction their dad went and realized that neither of them had an idea who Waseem is. She looked at them with a smile.

"Beta, Waseem uncle ke ghar pe hi toh hum aaj jaarahe hai, unki beti ko dekhne keliye"

Aditya stared at his mother surprisingly and then only it came to his mind that indeed they weren't going on any leisure trip but to see a girl for him. He immediately felt the same uncertainty in his heart.

"Oh achcha, toh hum log toh unhi ke ghar jaarahe hai toh mummy, papa ne aise gaadi kyun stop ki? Waseem uncle bura maanjaaye toh agar hum log unhe aise dekha toh?"

Aaksha questioned Anjana to which the mother gave her daughter a look of disinterest.

"Kaisi baatein kar rahi hai tu Akki? Waseem bhaisaab se mile baghair unke ghar jaane ka matlab kya hoga? Unhe bhi toh tumhare papa se milna hoga, baat karni hogi right? Ye sab fisool cheeze tumhare dimaag mein aate kahaan se hai Aaksha?"

Saying so Anjana looked to the front while Aaksha felt dismay for the second time in a row and looked at her hands. Aaksha only asked a small question from Maa, why did Maa had to make it a reason to taunt di? Usne kya galti ki ki unhone apni parents ki pasandita ladke ke saath shaadi ki toh? Usi reason ki wajah se kya humesha woh dono di ko hint pass karke, dukhi karenge? Dard denge? Aditya was feeling pathetic about his sister's life which had become a never ending nightmare for her due to their parent's irresponsible behaviour and he decided to say something to Anjana this time at least which he might regret later when Aaksha stopped him.

"Aap aise kaise di ke..."

Aaksha squeezed Aditya's hand tightly as possible using her finger nails which gave pain to Aditya's hand and he immediately stopped saying another word and looked at his hand and checked for any marks. When she looked at his sister, Aaksha was touching both her ears and muttering a 'sorry but not a word' to her brother and Aditya nodded at her, understanding what she meant. Within seconds Harshwardhan was back inside the car and he started the engine.

"Waseem bhaisaab hi the na Harsh? Kya kaha unhone?"

"Ha Anjana, Waseem bas kuch phal lene keliye market aaye hai aur maine kaha ki hum log Google maps ke through unke ghar dhoondkar aanehi waale the par achcha hua ki woh hume yaha milgaye. Ab woh lead karenge hume unki ghar tak"

🎵 Sewwi 🎵