• Phɑse 16 •

Aditya's eyes followed Zoya's movement, how she sent her fingers through her long ponytail and sighed. Is she trying to flirt with me if I am not mistaken? Then I must take it as a yes for an answer and tease her for a bit. Aditya thought silently as he smiled to himself.

"Date ha? Well... Kuch aisa hi samjho! Kyun, tumhe koi aitraaz hai? Ghar jaana hai jaldi? Abbu intezaar kar rahe hai kya?", Aditya questioned and grimaced. Zoya nodded.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai. Par abbu se hi darr lagta hai. Par aap ka kya Aditya? Aap toh Aaksha di ke saath aaye hue hai na yaha, unse aap kya kahenge? Kuch socha hai aapne?"

Zoya pondered over and leaned forward to whisper softly. As soon as he noticed what she did, Aditya suddenly took a step back, with his eyes still looking at her and feeling blood rush to his face at their closeness seconds before. The twinkle in her eyes made him smile.

"Main manage karunga, don't worry. Lekin... hum dono yaha se kaise ek saath bahar jaa sakte hai? Jaise ki tum ne kaha, kahi koi hum dono ko dekh letha toh?"

He suggested in a whisper, at the same time questioned. Zoya went on to think what could be done to get them out of this supposedly messy situation. How can they walk outside together from the mall, where they can meet, someplace safe where no one would recognize them. She liked and admired the fact that Aditya, like the gentleman she assumed him to be approached to talk with her and believed that he still seems to be the same jovial guy she had met, six months before. 

As she had time for herself today with no one to disturb, Zoya liked the idea of going somewhere out with Aditya, so that they won't be under the attention of anyone familiar. They can talk about many things they didn't get time to discuss the day they met each other for the proposal.

That day their main topic had been refusing each other for marriage but today there was no confusion, no doubts and the only thing they had to take care of was how to escape the eyes of others.

At once an idea clicked within her mind as she felt excited and Zoya immediately placed her left hand on top of Aditya's to which he surprisingly looked at her hand and then at Zoya.

"Aditya, humare pass ek idea hai. Aap ek kaam kijiye. Aap gaadi par aaye haina yaha? Aap kuchi dher mein parking lot se gaadi lekar peeche waale road par aaiye. Mall ke peeche, jaha ek bus stand bhi hai? Hum aapko jitna jaldi hosake vahi par milthe hai!"

Aditya rolled his eyes slowly as she told him about the plan and nodded agreeing with Zoya and placed his free hand on top of hers, smiling brightly. Zoya's heart did a small thud seeing his perfect smile.

"That's a great plan! Main dus minute mein gaadi lekar aaunga. Tab tak tum waha pohonch sakogi na? Ya phir aur waqt chahiye? I can delay.."

Aditya smiled showing his dimples and Zoya shook her head agreeing happily.

"Nahi Aditya, dus minute mein hum aa sakte hai. See you then.."

With that Aditya moved his hand away, clenching in to a fist towards Zoya to which she looked at his hand amused and then at him. He eyed her to fist bump with him and she did so, smiling gleefully and waved at him. Aditya winked and ran towards the elevator to go towards the parking lot.

~~~~~~

"Di, aap kaha hai?"

Aditya asked crossing his fingers for luck as he walked outside the elevator towards the cashier counters, looking around.

"Adi, main abhi bhi Toy shop par hi hoon. Third floor? Tu kaha hai? Call katam hua? Waise maine tere liye bhi kuch karida hai, yaha se!"

Aaksha ended talking with a sarcastic remark.