• Phɑse 22 •

Few minutes later...

As Zoya finally opened her eyes, surprisingly she could see Aditya staring at her with what she could identify as puppy eyes. Zoya tried to suppress laughter seeing his 'oh-so-innocent' face but she understood his turmoil. She knew that he was expecting for a positive reply from her no matter what. Meanwhile Tanya moved aside and placed her hands on Zoya's shoulder getting her attention.

"Zoya, please? If I had another option main tumhe aise pareshan nahi karti par agar dad ko sab kuch patha chalgaya toh, I mean.. when he goes to drop me at Panaji all hell will break loose! Kya tum humare saath aaogi? Adi ke saath tumhari dosti ke khaatir? Please?"

Tanya's heartfelt voice made Zoya feel bad for her and her statement about Aditya was successful in triggering her mind. She slowly nodded knowing the possible repercussions at her home and without wasting time, Tanya suddenly hugged her while she went in to a complete state of shock.

As Zoya understood Tanya's overwhelming nature, she moved her eyes to stare back at Aditya who was standing with a wide smile across his face. He looked ecstatic and slowly mumbled a 'thank you' at her. Zoya blinked in acceptance and then she decided to drop the truth bomb.

"Bas ek chota sa problem hai.."

Tanya broke the hug and furrowed her brows.

"Kya problem hai? Tumhe agle hafte kahi aur jaana hai kya? Please no!"

Tanya pleaded and Zoya walked bit far from the couple and turned around.

"Aisi baat nahi hai.. humne akhele itna door travel nahi kiya hai aur aap humare abbu ke baare mein jaante hai Aditya. Agar unhe shaq hogaya toh?"

Zoya's question needed no justification as Aditya knew about her family. He sighed and as he looked at Zoya, he gave her an assuring smile.

"You know what Zoya? Ummeed pe hi duniya kaayam hai aur hum waise hi plan follow karenge tumhare abbu ke saath baat karne keliye jaise ki we did with Tanya's dad. Tanya, tum Zoya ke parents ke saath baat karogi na? Convince kar paogi na bahar jaane keliye? Please yaad rakhna Zoya needs to attend every ritual of your marriage for the entire week aur next Tuesday hum sab Mumbai se nikhal rahe hai.."

Aditya pointed out the most important details which his girlfriend should keep in her mind when talking to Zoya's parents. Tanya shook her head and walked around the car.

"Definitely Adi. I remember everything aur Zoya, just relax. I'm scared of lying to my dad only and I'll make sure ki tumhare dad.. I mean abbu agree kare.."

~~~~~~

"Andhar aao beta. Hum khaana bana rahe the jab Zoya ne call kiya tha, isliye aap se achchi tarah milne keliye taiyaar hone ka waqt hi nahi mila.."

Roshnaq invited Zoya and her new friend inside the house as she opened the door with an awkward smile talking about her tiresome state. Zoya and Tanya walked inside and Zoya directed her to sit on the sofa. Tanya turned around and smiled with Roshnaq.

"Aunty, maine aisa kuch nahi socha. Please aapko apne hi ghar mein upset feel karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. I'm glad that I met my friend's mom.."

Roshnaq who was impressed with Tanya patted her shoulder and allowed her to take a seat.

"Baitiye beta. Zoya ke abbu ghar aate hi honge. Aap chai logi ya cold drink?"

"Kuch nahi aunty. Hum dono ne thodi dher pehele Coffee pi thi bahar se.. Thanks"

Roshnaq smiled and sat on the sofa. She stared at Tanya with a curious look and Zoya realized that she is about to be showered with a set of questions about the new girl's identity.