• Phɑse 21 •

"Meet Tanya, my girlfriend!"

As Tanya Fernandez rose from her seat clicking her high heels and flashing a huge smile, Aditya let go of Zoya's hand abruptly and hugged his girlfriend.

"Baby, I was waiting for you for almost half an hour!"

"Sorry Tanya, traffic you know.."

"Oh I know Adi.."

The contentment radiating from Tanya's voice was enough to make Zoya aware about the romantically refreshing relationship between Aditya and his girlfriend and it didn't seem as if they had just known each other during the last six months after Aditya came to see her for the proposal. It felt as if they knew each other for years.

Tanya was hugging Aditya around his neck with her eyes blissfully closed and Zoya took it as an opportunity to observe her. Tanya Fernandez, a high spirited and a sophisticated girl whose dressing sense spoke volumes about her high standards. The maroon tinted straight hair falling till her waist shone magnificently as the lights around the balcony fell upon the couple while her luminous Green crop top and the very short Black skirt exhibited her modern class.

When the hug ended, Aditya touched his girlfriend's arm and turned to look at Zoya who was standing next to them. As Tanya stared at the stranger, Aditya cleared his throat and introduced them to each other.

"Tanya, meet Zoya Siddiqui my friend and Zoya, this is Tanya!"

As Zoya forwarded her hand to Tanya, she shook it with a smile.

"Hey Zoya, Adi has told me about how you guys met. I'm so happy to meet you!"

"Same here Tanya.."

After the pleasantries were exchanged along with Zoya, Aditya and Tanya took seats at the table with Zoya sitting in front of the couple. They ordered few drinks and then only Tanya started talking.

"Adi I'm sorry that I.. I am so scared of my dad! He's a retired Army officer and he has this tough attitude and at the same time, very old fashioned thoughts in his head aur sirf isliye main nahi aa paungi! Agar Goa jaane ki baat bata de toh dad ko heart attack aa jayega Adi.."

Aditya sighed.

"Tanya, aaj main Zoya ke saath tumse milne isliye aaya hoon because I wanna fix this! Aise kaise tum Goa nahi aaogi yaar, tum meri girlfriend ho.. Zoya, please you can ask Tanya anything you want to know about her dad and family so that you can actually plan something out aur usi option ke through hum is problem ka koi solution nikhale.."

Aditya pointed at Zoya with a worried glance to which she shook her head and looked at Tanya.

"Tanya, Aditya ne humse yaha aate waqt bataya ki aapko usually non traditional trips par jaane se aapke dad humesha se mana karthe aaye hai? School ke times se?"

Tanya shook her head pouting sadly and looked at her hands placed on the table. Aditya eagerly waited till Zoya came up with a solution but before she had the chance to speak, Tanya started talking.

"Ha Zoya, it's true. I'm a serious Catholic par jaise ki main abhi pehen kar aayi hoon, modern dresses pehenne keliye toh dad ne kabhi mana nahi kiya hai par aise bahar akhele door ghoom ne jaane nahi dethe hai mujhe ghar se. Adi, is baar sirf baat yeh nahi hai. Ek aur baat bhi hai. You guys decided to go on this trip on Wednesday par unfortunately usi hi din, shaam ko meri dad ki sister humare ghar aarahe hai aur main dartha tha tumse ye kehene keliye.."

Aditya was astonished hearing the big news.

"Oh s*** par.. it's okay Tanya. I understand tumne mujhse ye baat pehele kyun nahi kaha par ab hum kya karenge! I remember you telling me about her planning to visit you'll soon par usi hi din mila tha! I know it's gonna be difficult to get your dad's permission for you to come on the same day. Zoya, usi din toh inhe ghar se bahar hargiz nahi jaane denge inke dad.."