• Phɑse 15 •

Six months later...

It was a Sunday afternoon and Aditya was out with his sister, shopping for gifts to buy for their mother. It was Anjana's birthday today and Aditya and Aaksha had arranged a small party for their father's and mother's closest friends. After buying a Gold branded watch for Anjana, Aaksha wanted to buy some fresh flowers as their mom adores them. As per his sisters request, Aditya went in search of a Flower shop inside the Shopping mall they walked in to buy the watch. For his luck there was one.

While his sister walked around checking different kinds of flowers to prepare a bouquet, Aditya kept strolling outside the shop along the corridor, going through his Photogram feed. As he placed his phone inside his jeans pocket and placed his hands on the railing, Aditya lifted his eyes to take a look around. It was at that very moment his eyes caught a familiar figure on the opposite side. The flower shop was located on the second floor and Aditya saw a girl, inside a Book shop, situated on the opposite direction.

He knew that her face looked familiar but Aditya couldn't figure out who she was. After a few seconds as he kept on staring at the girl who was wearing Black spectacles and reading through the pages of a book with excitement, wisdom dawned upon Aditya.

"Oh sh**!"

As he almost screamed with realization, it took a moment for Aditya to comprehend that he reacted way loud. As few passersby gave him a look of annoyance, he ashamedly turned around to see Aaksha inside the flower shop, giving him a glare of confusion and shrug her shoulders. Aditya gulped and sent a hand through his hair with a sly smile and looked back to catch a glimpse of the girl, who to his disappointment was nowhere to be seen. He frowned and glanced back at his sister who seemed busy choosing flowers. Aditya wanted to go and meet the girl but he felt helpless as Aaksha won't like it if she gets to know who he wants to meet.

It was indeed Zoya Siddiqui whom he noticed. The girl he met for a marriage proposal few months ago, with whom he didn't have plans of getting hitched in the first place. Strangely she had the same idea about him and undoubtedly it didn't sit well with their families and the last nail of the coffin was the beginning of a cold war between the fathers of both of them.

Aditya can still remember how furious his dad was with Zoya's father, Waseem. He never told him neither Aaksha what Waseem Siddiqui said through the phone but Aditya realized that it was something harsh and hurt his dad. The only thing Harshwardhan didn't do at that moment was going and killing him!

What am I gonna do? I would like to talk with Zoya and know how everything is at her place. Whether her father still hates our family or everything is settled since it's been some time. She was sweet when we met and we don't have any problem with each other, it's just our families. Crossing his arms and covering his mouth with a hand, Aditya pondered over a plan to ditch his sister and meet Zoya. Suddenly an idea came to his mind as his lips adorned with a smirk.

Aditya quickly marched inside the flower shop towards Aaksha and pat her shoulder to which she responded looking back at him.

"Adi? Kya hua?", Aaksha questioned him.

Aditya cleared his throat.

"Di, aapko.. ah.. Prateek yaad hai? My classmate from senior class? Uska message aaya aur woh... ah... paas mein hai aur maine bhi kaha main yaha hoon. Can I go and make a call to him? Aap yaha mere aane tak ruk sakti hai ya phir gaadi ki chaabi doon?"

Aditya let go of a sigh of relief as he knew that his sister was clueless. Aaksha gave him a suspicious glare and held his shoulders.

"Of course Adi, go and call him. Mujhe chaabi dene ki zaroorat nahi hai. Actually I was planning to buy Bhavya some toys aur is floor par aate waqt maine ek shop notice ki. I'll go there while you can go talk with Prateek..."