two.

Foreign Wars
chapter two.

❨ 𝐭𝐢𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐲 ❩

❨ 𝐭𝐢𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐲 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐊𝐀𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐉𝐎𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊. As much as he enjoyed seeing his mother again after her transfer to Alicante, Kai was just happy to be with his boyfriend again.

Kai walked into Magnus' loft and followed the sound of his voice to his back room, the study where his potions and spell ingredients were stored. Kai furrowed his brows at the pretty blonde that walked out of the study and passed him.

"Who's that?" he asked Magnus as he looked at Magnus.

"Stella Woods, a longtime client and the lead in Wicked. She lost her voice," Magnus explained as Kai sauntered behind him, taking a look around the room he hadn't seen in a long time. "A touch of ground ox claw, some calcified lizard's feet," Kai scrunched his nose when he picked up something he didn't know to smell it, "and she's back on the bill."

Magnus stood up from his chair and walked behind Kai to mess with something on his desk. "It's been a long time since I've seen you with a client," Kai pointed out.

"Yes, well, it's frowned upon when you're the High Warlock. Potential conflicts of interest and such." Kai picked up a cat skull and furrowed his brows, "But since I've been dismissed, I'm free to see whomever I want."

When the last thing Magnus said sank in, Kai's eyes widened and he lowered the skull back to the table. "Wait. Dismissed? What — What happened?"

"While you were in Idris," Magnus mused from behind a bookshelf as he started looking for something. Kai's brows furrowed and he bent his body downward to look at his boyfriend. "The fallout from my decision to lend the warlocks' support to the Seelie Queen."

"I'm sorry," Kai apologized softly.

"Don't be. I'm not upset," Magnus assured him. "I'm actually elated." He tossed a olive at Kai, which the latter caught in his hand. "Shouldering the burden of all the warlocks in Brooklyn, it gets exhausting," Magnus added, walking passed Kai to enter the living room again.

Kai turned to follow him, "I understand. I just thought this was important to you."

"What's important to me is I can see clients again," Magnus assured Kai, picking up the drink mixer and shaking it. "Help them achieve their dream," he poured the martini into the glass, "and make a lot of money doing it. Hmm." Magnus walked over to the couch and spun around, lowering himself dramatically into the seat, "So, how was Alicante?"

"It was fine," Kai hummed. "I saw my mum. She sends her love."

Magnus hummed again, a smile on his face. "I only met her the one time, way before we started dating," Kai smiled lovingly at Magnus, "but she's a feisty woman, your mother."