Chapter three

Sans P.O.V.

Sans had followed you home. After what happened last night and that morning, he was worried, though he hated to admit it. He shouldn't care about a weak human, but when it came to you he just couldn't help it.

When he saw you walk up to your door, he let out a sigh. Nothing happened on the way home. You were safe. Or so he thought.

Just as he turned to leave he heard something. A smack then a thud. Yelling soon followed. He looked back at your house. It was definitely coming from there. He went up to the window.

His eyes went black.

He watched as your father smacked you again and proceeded to yell you for running. Heard him spit insult after insult. The rage was slowly building. He hit the breaking point when he saw your father throw a bear bottle at you. He teleported between you two and caught the bottle, his eye flaring red. Then without hesitation, bones came out of the ground, piercing your father in several places, but didn't kill him.

"Listen here, you piece of shit," Sans growled. "If you ever come near her again, I'll kill you." With that, he scooped you up and teleported back to his place.

Your P.O.V.

You weren't sure when, but you had passed out some time when Sans was rescuing you. When you woke up, you were laying on his couch, covered up. You sat up, expecting the pain, but it didn't come. In fact, it was like you weren't ever hurt in the first place.

"Oh good! You're awake! Are you alright?!" A high pitched voice spoke, making you jump. Looking over, you saw a golden flower with a face looking at you concerned. "Those injuries were pretty bad."

"Y-yeah. I-I'm fine. I d-don't understand though," you responded.

"I used my magic friendliness pellets to heal you," The flower explained. "I'm flowey, by the way. You must be Y/N, right?"

"Y-yeah. How'd you know?"

"Sans told me when he brought you here. We were all surprised. It's not like him to save-" He was cut off my a skeleton grabbing him by the stem.

"Shud'up," Sans said before letting flowey go. "The boss'll be back soon."

"Don't tell me.."

"Yup!"

"W-well I gotta go! Tell Frisk I said hi!" Flowey exclaimed in a hurry before disappearing into the ground. You just looked on in confusion.

"You should shower and get changed, kid," Sans said tossing you some clothes and a towel. "Bathroom is upstairs. Can't miss it."

"B-but these clothes a-aren't mine," you gave a small protest.

"I don't care. Just hurry up."

Finding it pointless to argue and rude to turn him down after helping you, you went upstairs and into the bathroom. After you showered you threw on the clothes which was a oversized red tee shirt and some shorts that were a little big, but were adjustable. They smelled of mustard though. You went back down stairs just as Paps and Frisk walked in.

You knew Frisk. You were friends. Once. But then she abandoned you and left you on your own. You know she had her reasons, but that didn't make it hurt any less. You trusted her to be there for you, and now that trust was broken. But apparently Frisk didn't see it that way. As soon as she saw you, she ran up to and gave you a big hug.

"Thank goodness you're ok!" She exclaimed. "When Sans brought you to us I was so worried!"

"I-I'm fine. Really," You said with a small nervous laugh.

"WELL THE SMALL HUMAN SEEMS TO BE OK," Paps said, examining you. "YOU WERE VERY LUCKY HUMAN. THOSE INJURIES WERE SERIOUS. YOU HAD SEVERAL BROKEN RIBS AND YOUR SHOULDER WASN'T IN MUCH BETTER CONDITION."

"O-oh..." was all you could reply with. You had gotten so use to the severe beetings over the years, you didn't realize how badly injured you were.

"Hey. Why you wearing Sans clothes?" Frisk asked.

"YES HUMAN. WHY ARE YOU WEARING SANS CLOTHES?" Paps asked.

"O-oh!! U-uhm! W-when I woke up h-he told me to sh-shower and change s-so I did!" You quickly explained in a panic to try avoiding confusion though it didn't help with the embarrassment or your red cheeks though.

"I gave her'em so she'd have somethin' clean to wear, boss," Sans said from behind you making you jump.

"VERY GOOD BROTHER," Paps said. "I'LL START DINNER RIGHT AWAY."

Some time after dinner you sat on the couch while everyone was in the kitchen discussing the new living arrangement. You tried to turn them down, but they insisted you stay. In the end you just gave in.

Sans P.O.V.

Sans sat there in the kitchen with Frisk and Paps as they were talking about where Y/N should sleep from now on. It was decided that she couldn't just stay on the couch. Sans suggested the basement, but his idea was instantly shot down. There weren't exactly any other empty rooms.

"I know!" Frisk exclaimed. "How about she sleep in Sans room?"

"WHAT?!" Sans shouted.

"SANS ROOM IS WAY TOO MESSY!" Paps said.

"But that's probably what it just needs! A womans touch! Just think! You'd never have to tell Sans to clean again!"

"THAT'S NOT A BAD IDEA!" Paps agreed.

"You can't be serious?!" Sans protested.

"WE ARE BROTHER. BESIDES, YOU BROUGHT HER HERE SO YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY."

Sans sat there and growled. He had no one to blame but himself on this one. And no helping it now. Getting up, he walked into the living room.

"Com'on kid," he said, grabbing your arm and pulling you upstairs. You didn't fight him, just went along with it.