one

~Regina's POV~

I enter the old building. The lights are dim, sexy. There's music and pretty girls dancing. There's a girl on stage.

"Honey? Are you gonna just stand there or pay to sit?" A mans voice breaks my focus on the stage.

"I'm here for an interview."

"We'll darling I don't know about an interview happening today but you can go through that door and wait for the owner Swan. It's the last door at the end of the hall. They should be in the office."

"Thanks." I clutch my purse as I walk by the horny men.

"Hiya toots." A smokers voice makes cringe snd walk quicker. I push through the door. I see strippers and dancers both male  and female.

"What are you looking at?!" A woman snaps. I give her a stank face letting her know I'm not the one.

"Not you pendeja. Turn around and leave me alone hoe." I give her the same attitude back.

"I like you. What's your name?"

"Nunya. As in nunya business." I sit down in the make shift waiting area. It's just four and a half chairs. Yes there's half a chair.

"Hey! Coco get your ass on stage now!" A man shouts. He sounds like the man I spoke with on the phone last week. He turns and sees me. "Hey who are you?"

"I'm Regina, I spoke with you on the phone."

"Damn. I forgot about that. We're closing soon."

"So what does that mean." I scratches his head and shrugs.

"Hang on." He walks to the door that should be Swan's office. "Swan!" He pounds on the door.

"What?!"

"She's here."

"Who?!" Someone from the other side opens the door. "Who are you?" She looks at me.

"Regina. Regina Mills."

"What are you?"

"Puertorriqueña."

"No not you're race, your profession."

"Oh. I'm a waitress by day and dancer."

"Come in." She opens the door wider. I stand and walk in. "Uh August tell the girls I said have a good night and to behave. We're closing soon." August nods and leaves. Swan closes the door.

"To be clear are you Swan?" I ask.

"Yeah. Have a seat." She points to the chair. "You got a place to live?"

"Barely." I say with my head down and ashamed. I hate that I stay in motels. "No."

"Well all my girls and guys live close by and in the apartments I have set up for them. I got a free one. It's across from mine so I'll take you there tonight."

"I have a job?"

"Yeah. You need it and I need a new dancer. My best one quit because she won the lottery and got hitched."

"Oh."

"So where do you live."

"My car."

"So you live across from me." She opens a drawer and pulls out some paper work. "Are you running from someone?"

"Yeah. My ex."

"She or he crazy?"

"Manipulative and abusive."