seven

~Regina's POV~

I just got in the tub– fifteen minutes after putting my son down for his nap. But sudden noises make me think that he's not asleep. I pause my music and listen closely. I hear his light footsteps as they near the bathroom. He pushes the door wide open and smiles when he sees me.

"Mamá." He mumbles with his pacifier in his mouth.

"You're supposed to be asleep, papa." He smiles and come closer to the tub. There are bubbles covering my body. "Wanna come in?" He nods. "Alright take off you shirt." I pull down his pants and unbutton the onesie. He lifts the shirt over his head. "Did you go to the bathroom?" He shakes his head and I check his diaper before taking it off. I help into the tub.

"Mamá." He hugs me making us both smile.

"Did you even fall asleep papa?"

"No mamá."

"Well tell me if you get sleepy." He looks at me and stands up.

"Mamá I wan my carro (🚗)." He starts walking around.

"Bebé ten cuidado (be careful)." I hold him still.

"Mummy!" He pushes me away.

"Diego you need to be careful."

"Mummy," he whines and I let him go. He stumbles so I keep my arms around him. He drops his pacifier in the water. "Mummy," he starts to cry.

"Hold on bebé. Let me find it." He wails in my ear and starts to have a fit. I blindly search for his pacifier. "Here it is." I place it in his hand.

"Tank you." He mumbles and puts it in his mouth. He walks to the other side of the tub and then back to me. He sits on my lap and plays with bubbles. I turn the music back on and relax. Minutes later, my relaxation is ruined. The water starts to feel warm all of a sudden. It was originally warm, but this is a different kind of warm. Then I start to see bubbles rise in between Diego and I.

"Hell no! Diego?!"

"I go potty mommy." He looks at me with a guilty face. I groan and stand up.

"Diego you're not supposed to go to the bathroom in the tub!" He starts to cry due to my volume. "Are you done?" He shakes his head no. I step out the tub and make him stand. "Hold it papa." I wrap my towel around my body and take him out the tub. I sit him on the toilet seat. "Let it go."

"Mummy I scared." He lean in to reach for me.

"Diego please just use the toilet."

"No no mummy I don wanna." He cries.

"Shit in the toilet." I blink aggressively and my jaw tenses.

"Mummy." He whines. I apply pressure on his tummy because I know he's holding it in. "Stawp it mummy." He whines. The pressure definitely worked because I hear a plop.

"All done?" I smirk and stand. I grab some wipes and clean his bum. I help him off the toilet and walk over to the tub. I drain the water.

"Mummy." Diego tugs on my towel. "I sowwy."

"It's okay papa."

"I bweaked you baf." I kneel down.

"Papa mummy can have another bath time. You didn't ruin it completely. The water was cold anyway so I was about to get out. Next time let's not go pee pee in mummy's bath." I was not planning on getting out anytime soon.

"Okay."

"How come you didn't tell me you had to go potty?"

"I forget."