15 | The Other Problem which he Thought was His

dedicated to these pretties who
voted chapter after chapter on
my book ' in a heartbeat ' , hello
angels ! how are you doing ? &
thank you so much ! ♥︎
MonicaJuarez0 Distinctyx Leslie_leonxoxo

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Barry is nervous as hell.

It wasn't every day that Doctor Aphrodite decided to step out from their break, being on a phone to converse with the brother she said she loathed. Barry knew how powerful, rich, and handsome Bruce Wayne was. And though Aphrodite told him why she wanted to stay away from Bruce, knowing that she's currently on the phone with him made Barry a little bit nervous for her.

The Team Six were away from where she stood, one hand on the phone and the other was crossed over her chest. She glared at the window in front of her,  ❝ What the hell do you want, Bruce? ❞

❝ Can't I just check in on you? Is that illegal now? ❞ Her brother asked, Aphrodite found herself rolling her eyes as she bit her lip. Letting her older brother talk instead, she wouldn't want words to fall from her lips that deem to be offensive.  ❝ Wayne, you told me you won't talk nor reconnect with me if I do this for you. And now I'm here in Central City performing what you asked for, what else do you want me to do for you to finally get rid of me? ❞

A sigh came from the other end.  ❝ Why can't we be just good siblings, Aphrodite? I'm still your older brother here and you better pay me some respect or else I might bring myself over there right now and I tell you, we both know that's possible. ❞

❝ If you're just going to do that then what is this all for? I dyed by hair blonde to at least brush off the fact that we're twins! You might be seven seconds older than me, but you're an idiot— Bruce. We signed the contract, you will get as far away from me as possible and you will not call me. You lied to me, Bruce! You lied to me and you better know how shitty that feels! So if I were you, I'd end this call right now before I end my transactions here and I'll be flying off to Amnesty Bay tonight. Now you choose. ❞ Aphrodite harshly responded, brows drawn together in rage.

❝ I just wanted you safe, ❞ Bruce's voice broke on the other end, Aphrodite clenched her jaw. Completely unfazed by the emotion.

❝ My entire life you put services behind my back to watch over me, you took me away from mom and dad's funeral and lied to me— you said they're alive but are living in a different country. And then you're suddenly batman and my friends are mental. I just wanted you to be honest from the start, but you decided against it. ❞ With that, Aphrodite ended the call. Barry, from afar, frowned seeing a lone tear that left Aphrodite's eye.

But all attention went to the television when an emergency and live news came in, this time, emitting gasps from nurses and doctors in the lounge.

Just twenty minutes ago a new and was supposed to be finished skycraper in Central City was destroyed by a superhuman, and this time. . For a worst imaginable cost. This super villain seem to create chaos in the city, and though our very own friendly hero– The Flash came into the scene to save the citizens around and to stop the skycraper from it's collision with the other buildings, the newly built one is, unfortunately, damaged. Inside and out, foundation and everything else.

The super villain is said to be The Flash's new arch nemesis, called the Dark Era, who is said to live to create more damage into the city and to challenge our friendly hero as well.