Why a Party

"I would love to go as your date, babe," Deyanira said with a huge grin.

If I could die one hundred times over, that would be better than this horrid conversation. My life was now in handcuffs, and the worst part was that I had no key to get it back. If only my life were normal, but of course, the universe was a pain in the ass.

"Really?" He asked, clearly shocked.

I looked at Cassius, bewildered. The hottest guy in school, who had dated half of the girls, from Freshmen to Seniors, was shocked that a girl had said yes to him.

"Tie bricks around my feet, throw me in the water and let me drown already," I said, annoyed, which again earned me a couple more death glares.

I think she was warping their minds to her will. She treated them as if they were pawns in a game of Chess, things for her to use over and over. Once again, I had the thought of her being dragged away by some hunters. She got here about a day ago, and she had already made my life a living hell. I know it might be jealousy rearing its ugly head but: What did they see in her? I know she has charm, but why are they treating her so nicely when we're the same?

I roll my eyes annoyed and about to leave when Deyanira suddenly called to Jett, who had just gotten out of the school. Didn't she know that if he could, he would kill her in a matter of seconds? I stood beside her, giving her a curious look. What could this psycho possibly be thinking about right now?

"So, I was told that there is a particular girl who wants to ask you out," Deyanira said with a smirk. she couldn't possibly know that I had

a crush on the guy.

"Mimi, you did want to go out with him. Right?"

I saw Jett look at me, then Deyanira, then Mimi. What the hell was she thinking speaking those Hellish words?

Mimi saw the expression on my face and smirked as if she knew something. I prayed and hoped that she didn't know what she thought she knew.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date," Mimi said in a flirty tone.

At the moment, death sounded better than this catastrophe. I felt hot electricity flow through me, a telltale sign that I was going to use magic. Jett and Deyanira must have noticed because they both looked at me with different expressions. Deyanira had an excited and almost deranged expression, while Jett looked scary and mad.

I honestly didn't care at the moment. I could easily wipe everyone's memory so that the people didn't remember seeing magic, and it didn't matter. I swear Deyanira was doing this on purpose, and I bet she knew that she was ticking me off. I didn't know what messed up plan she was forming, but all I knew was that I wanted nothing to do with it.