Chapter One - The Girl In The Drain

I walked down the crowded hallway, past all the stinky, idiotic teens who didn't even seem to notice me. I didn't think they had anyway, that was until I felt a sandwich hit my back. Great. More teasing. I knew who had threw it without looking. It had been Danny. The biggest man whore of all time. Not even joking. He had slept with more then thirty girls in term one. And we were still only in term one.

I sighed and kept walking not even bothering to brush the peanut butter sandwich off of my back. I felt it fall of of my back. It landed on the ground in a splat. All the kids turned and looked. Then laughed and pointed. I didn't care. I just kept walking like I always did.

I couldn't wait to get home to see Bonnie. I missed her.

I wondered down the back near the very old basket ball courts. A drain was planted in the middle of the courts, which is a very big health and safety issue. I walked past the drain and heard what I thought was a whisper.

Help... Me.... Blake...

I stopped walking and turned around slowly. I bent down and looked down into the drain. A little girl who's skin was now purple and green, sat in the corner. Her flesh rotting something shocking. Her lips were blue and her hair was drenched even though there was no sight of rainfall. It clung to her body much like her clothes did.

Her little green eyes looked up at me with hope. I smiled at her, and she managed to smile back slightly, despite the fact she was shivering and part of her adorable face had been marked with what looked to be small talons. It looked like the working of some dreadful tom cat. As I starred at her I seen how she had died.

I saw her walking. Walking towards the river. She was standing close to the edge when someone pushed her in. A tree had clawed at her face. Not a cat. A tree. Her uncle? Had pushed her? No. It wasn't her uncle. It was her father. She had fallen into the deep water and had drowned. Causing her body to go cold and her to be eaten a little by the fishes.

She reached up through the bars for my hand. Unlike ghosts, the girl couldn't go through the bars. She removed her hand, then pushed the bars up and reached for my hand once again. This time I took her hand and helped her up. As she rose up to the cold, hard surface of the cement, water and what looked to be blood dripped off of her small, weak and fragile body.

She hobbled around after me. She must've broken her ankle in the rapids. I took her into the music and art rooms. She had told me she liked to listen to music, so I played a song for her. The song that I played was, 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'.

She loved it. She sang as I played, even though I was the only one who could hear it. Whilst she was singing she kept coughing up mucus, seaweed and other sea related objects.

I smiled knowing that the other kids would be able to see it and question why it was there. That always happened.

The little girl disappeared after I finished playing. I never seen her after that. She had found peace. Finally. Internal peace.

I left the acoustic guitar leaning up against the classroom wall and walked out of the classroom. I made my way down the long hallway. Slowly. Hobbling a little myself. Sometimes my knee would buckle.