Chapter Five - Making Mistakes

As I pulled into the driveway, I remembered that time I had lived here. It was only for a few weeks until I had gotten new foster parents, since I had ran away from my very first ones.
I smirked when I remembered starting a fire in the kitchen. "What?" Bonnie asked.
"Nothing." I smiled.
"Okay." She said with disappointment.
"No, don't be like that." I replied, the hurt showing in my voice. The colour in her eyes soften to a dull grey.
"I'm sorry." She replied.
"We're here." I replied as I killed the engine. She gave me a small smile and her eyes were once again purple. I returned the smile and got out of the car, running around to her side of the door and opening it before she could. She smiled. "Thanks."
"My pleasure." I replied.
I walked with Bonnie up to the door. I rang the doorbell and Miles answered the door. "Blake! Buddy! I haven't seen you for ages."
"It hasn't been that long." I replied.
"Yes it has," He replied, "I didn't know you were coming down."
"Alec mustn't have told anyone," I mumbled, "oh! By they way, this is Bonnie."
"Hi." Bonnie said shyly.
"Hey," Miles replied, "come on in." He smiled. We all followed him inside to the lounge room where Katie and Alec were snuggling. When Katie saw me her jaw dropped open and she hug-tackled me to the ground. I fell down on impact. "I'm glad to see you too." I replied as I hugged her back.
"Glad? You should be thrilled!"
I laughed, "I am." Katie finally let me up and I introduced Bonnie to her and Alec.
"Where's Adam?" I asked.
"Oh, he's smoking."
"Fun." I replied. I walked down the hallway towards his room. I knocked on the door and didn't get a reply, so I just walked in. When Adam saw me he went crazy. "Blake!" He screamed jumping off his bed frantically throwing all of his blankets around senselessly.
"Adam? Are you okay?"
"Yes! I'm over the moon."
"You smoke too much."
"Wha?"
Adam has a tight grip on me as he hugged me. I tried to pry him away from me, but I couldn't get him off. "Come on Adam, get off me please?"
"Uh-uh," he replied, "not until you say hello." He sounded like a small child that wanted something he couldn't have.
"Hi." I said my voice thick with sarcasm, not that he would have noticed.
"Yes I am!" He replied, but still didn't let go of me.
"Adam, please let go."
"Nope." He replied popping the 'p'.
I was starting to get annoyed. Bonnie sensed this and walked up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder making sure I didn't do anything irrational.
I glanced at her then back down at Adam. He really needed to stop smoking weed. That shit made him crazy. He even looked like shit. His hair was oily and messy. It looked like someone had dumped a hay bail on his head. And his eyes. Don't even get me started. They were so red, and he could hardly keep them open. How ever the hell he could see me I didn't know. But somehow he had managed it.
"Adam," I started and he looked up, "get off."
"No." He whined. I rolled my eyes. Really? He's really gonna be like this.
"James!" I called, "would you help me!"
James stumbled through the door, running into the doorframe, and he almost fell on top of me. "Wha wha da ya wan."
I narrowed my eyes at him. Both of them were smashed. Both of them. Great. James was the only one who could stop Adam when he was like this. Fucking perfect. Looks like I was staying here until both of them sobered up since James was now hugging me from behind.