Chapter Three - Go To Sleep....

I walked down the street to my destination. The clouds were a dull gray, and the streets were awfully quite. Whenever someone saw me wander down the street, they hid. Hid in their houses, waiting to see who was next.

They knew by the way I walked that I was going to help someone 'sleep'. I didn't like calling it die. Death wasn't a nice term. It was basically just sleeping. Sleeping forever.

I finally got to the house. It was small and blue, with a few hanging plants. I stood out the front looking for a while. It was their grandma.

She was in her seventies, and her frail body had been over run with crippling arthritis. But that wasn't why she was dying. She had been sick for a while now and the family had hoped for her to go in her sleep by Thursday, but she still hadn't passed. Now it was her time and I was going to get her to sleep. She will fall to sleep and then she will stay asleep forever. The nicest way and calmest way to go...

I walked up to the door not even bothering to knock. There was no need. I needed to get in there fast.

I walked into the room where the family was standing all around her. They saw me and moved out of the way. I walked up to their Grandma, and grabbed a hold of her hand. I squeezed it a little and said, "sleep my angel, sleep.."

"Is that what you c-c-caaall it?" She asked wheezing and coughing.

"Shhhh, don't speak. Just sleep."

Her grip on my hand slacken dramatically and I knew she had gone. I saw a flash of bright white and then, I left. Without a word being said to the family.

"Thank you." The little girl called out. I turned around and smiled, but this was no smiling situation.

Before I could say anything I turned around and walked out the door. Nobody ever thanked me for putting members of their family to sleep. Who would? I just helped one of their family members pass. Who would thank someone for that?

That little girl obviously knew something I didn't. I already knew basically everything about her.

She was 6, and she was struggling to fit in with her new foster parents. They didn't understand her, or accept her. She had an amazing gift, which was similar to mine when I was younger. She kept getting horrible visions and most of them would come true. But sometimes she got nice ones, and when they came true she was really happy. Her foster parents thought she was mental, just like my real parents had, and they wanted to get rid of her. They wanted to put her in with new foster parents. Her names was Lassie, and she always got extremely attached to her foster parents and their family. She had already had two other families who had gotten rid of her, but this family was the longest family she'd lived with.

I sighed as I kept walking. I pulled my hood up so no one would worry about me and the streets wouldn't be so dull, but no body came out of their houses. They didn't want anything to do with me. Some people thought I was weird, but most of them were scared of me. I sighed.

I missed my old friends. They were the same as me. They only reason why I didn't see then anymore was that they were an hour away from here. When I had time I would drive up there, and when they had time they drive down here, but most of the time no of us had time. It wasn't really their fault though and it wasn't entirely mine.