Part 11: Threats

Sebastian approached the well-concealed spiral staircase leading down to the dungeons, and the new guard let him in. He executed the previous one for treason, too.

Descending down to the darkest parts of the dungeons was like descending to the deepest and darkest parts of himself. Surrounded by this anguish and pain he couldn't help but remember when he made others suffer, and took a delight in it.

There was a time in his long existence where he wanted to do nothing but kill. He became a killer by killing werewolves, thus they were exactly the creatures he enjoyed seeing suffering the most.

He's on his way to make one suffer right now.

The further he went, the deeper cold and dampness sunk into his bones. He clenched his jaw at the fact that Esmeralda was dragged here, of all places.

He went through the old metal bars that separated other units from this one, the furthermost one.

By now, there's only one prisoner here, the one that dared put himself into existence in front of her.

Teowulf van Lupe.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" the werewolf asked lazily, his frame yet unseen to Sebastian.

As Sebastian stood in front of the bars and stared into the dark cell, he gradually made out a pair of glinting amber eyes.

Those eyes were getting closer and closer, and soon, a body of a young, strong man with dark brown hair was standing in front of him.

Sebastian didn't say anything for a while, just stared at the filth in front of him with an unreadable expression and reveled in loathing him.

"What did you talk to her about?" Sebastian finally asked, the tone of his voice clearly indicating that he doesn't want to play any games.

He curled his lip in disgust as he saw the werewolf open his mouth playfully, the corner of his lip rising.

"Ooh, you're worried?" he teased. "You're worried that I told her who you really are and what you do?"

Sebastian mentally cursed at the feeling of irritation pooling inside of him, but he vowed he wouldn't lose patience in front of this scum.

"You know what? I think that you secretly want to fu—"

The werewolf's words were abruptly cut off as something cracked in the air and he let out a piercing scream that died out into absurd laughter.

"Shit, I'm right!"

Another crack followed, this time louder and thicker, just like Teowulf's scream.

Apparently, Sebastian seemed to have angered the already temperamental man, because the latter sent a blow to the bars that rattled loudly. A broken finger and a wrist didn't seem to be a problem, then.

"Easy to stand on the other side of the bars, huh, sucker?"

Teowulf's names for him didn't bother Sebastian as the latter continued to stare down at the creature with the eyes filled to the brim with odium.

"Either speak, or I crack your daft skull next."

After a few more desperate huffs mixed with pain, Sebastian could make out Teowulf's glare. "I just told her my name, nothing more."

Sebastian stood still for a while once again, contemplating the possible consequences of Teowulf's choice.

"She seems really smitten with you," the werewolf noted casually as he leaned himself against the cold, stone wall of the cell. "She kept whimpering your name, both consciously and in her sleep."