Chapter 10: A New Skill

"

Tazuna, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi arrived and the first thing they noticed was Naruto leaning against a rather long sword, one which Kakashi had recognized as one of the Seven Blades of the Hidden Mist. 

"Where'd you get that Naruto?" He said, his tone full of worry as he noticed fresh blood on the Genin's hands. 

"Zabuza Momochi is weak." He said. "All I used was a kunai, a blade of grass, and the Replacement Jutsu." 

"Naruto, that's incredible," Kakashi said in a bewildered tone. "Even I would've had trouble with him, and you beat him." He looked around a little bit and saw nothing, but instead of him voicing his question, Sakura spoke. 

"Did you kill him?" She was divided on how to feel. The Missing Ninja would've been a big problem if he wasn't dead, but she also didn't want people to die needlessly. Naruto shook his head. 

"Nope, I injured him pretty bad though. He also has help and they have a bloodline." Sasuke rose his eyebrow. 

"Which one?" Naruto sighed as he lifted his palm in the air as ice suddenly spread into the air, which was turning colder by the second. 

"It seems we have an ice-wielder aiding our missing-nin." He spoke in a bored tone before glancing at Tazuna. "But whatever, I have a new toy and I would very much to get this dumb journey over with already." 

"You know that we have to walk all the way back. . .right?" Kakashi said in a low tone. Naruto's eyes widened before he cursed. 

"I hate walking." He muttered before picking up the large sword before taking out a scroll and sealing it within. "Whatever, let's go." 

"You would think that I'd be the one to say that," Kakashi commented. 

They arrived at Tazuna's house, who had offered to let them stay in the two guest rooms, which they gladly took them up on that offer. Now, they were eating dinner at the table, discussing their game plans. 

"I say we don't give them a chance," Sasuke said darkly, unnerving Tazuna and Tsunami, Tazuna's daughter. "We should go find their camps and just kill them before anything else." 

"We don't know how many more shinobi are out there, Sasuke, for all we know there could be ten shinobi stronger than Zabuza there," Kakashi said logically. "So for now, I suggest we train, all of us. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, you're gonna learn something new." 

"Oh?" Naruto perked up for the first time that evening. "And what's that? Maybe something I can use in the future," He said in an annoyed tone. 

"You've been quiet all night and then you speak up when we're going to learn something? And you spit on it already?" Sasuke spat out, glaring at Naruto who only gave him a dismissive glance, but on the inside, he was seething. "Where was your input, on the whole, attacking the camp of Zabuza and his friend? Or maybe relocating Tazuna and his family to a safer part or making shadow clones to help build the bridge huh? Why didn't you speak when it came to that!" 

Kakashi and Sakura looked at the two, the former having a feeling that this was something deeper than just Sasuke not killing one of the Mist Brothers, and the latter, who was nervous that her two teammates would end up fighting inside the house and wrecking it. 

"You want my input on the whole situation huh?" Naruto said, taking one of his chopsticks and stabbing the piece of meat on his plate. "I say, we go to the source of all our problems. Take out, Gato. He's only a man, what can he do?" He said simply and was about to continue when a child's voice arose throughout the air.