Chapter 20: Past Words

Naruto, who saw a partially transformed Gaara escape from the village with the help of his siblings let out a sigh before he quickly went to the infirmary and saw Sasuke sitting up, a bandage wrapped around his head. Sasuke saw Naruto and gave him a mock glare. 

"You didn't have to kick me so hard," He hissed, getting Naruto to smile at him. 

He'd miss that. 

"Sasuke, the village is under attack, you and Rock Lee are gonna go stop Gaara from escaping!" He said frantically, getting Sasuke to suddenly stand up straight as Lee also got up. 

"We must stop them from hurting the innocent!" Rock Lee shouted, a single bandage on his cheek. Sasuke looked at Naruto strangely.

"What are you going to do?" Naruto glanced up at the ceiling. 

"I have to go protect Hokage-sama, when I'm done with that I'll come and help you both, okay?" Sasuke nodded. 

"Gotcha, I'll see you soon," He said with a small smirk as he rushed out, leaving Naruto alone, his hair shadowing his eyes, a single tear crawling down his face. 

"No, you won't," He whispered before he formed a single hand sign as he appeared next to Orochimaru on top of a roof inside a purple barrier where Hiruzen stood. 

"Naruto, how'd you get in here?" Hiruzen asked, obviously shocked how a Genin got inside a barrier that even his Anbu couldn't. 

Naruto leaped away from Orochimaru, a kunai in his hand as he appeared in front of the Hokage, baring his teeth. 

"I can't allow you to kill him Orochimaru," Orochimaru grinned like a madman. 

"Don't get in my way," He hissed. Hiruzen looked at Naruto with soft eyes. 

"Naruto, I'm sorry." He whispered. "I've treated you poorly." Naruto's eyes widened momentarily before they hardened, not that Hiruzen saw. 

"Get out of my way, Genin," Orochimaru hissed. "Don't make me kill you," Naruto shook his head. 

"You aren't going to kill the old man!" He shouted again, Kyuubi's chakra leaking out as lightning appeared across his skin with so much intensity that it practically covered the teen. He'd been working on his speed all month for this moment. 

"The only one that will kill the old man," Naruto spun around at the speed that Hiruzen couldn't detect, a kunai in hand as the blade slid across the old man's throat. "Will be me!" Hiruzen collapsed the ground, clutching his bleeding throat, his jugular sliced in half, a fatal blow. 

"W-Why?" He whispered, questioning Minato's son. "Why did you betray the village?" 

"You can't betray something that you were never loyal to, trash. Besides, this was a long time coming," Hiruzen's eyes widened. 

Flashback

"I will not allow you to adopt that boy and that is final!" He barked. "Am I clear?" Kakashi grimaced under the Hokage's stare and nodded.

"Crystal," He said in between gritted teeth. "But the moment he goes ballistic, the very second he decides to cut this village down, it will be your fault because you let him get like that." He whispered venomously.

"Leave!" Hiruzen roared, his pipe now on the ground as he glared freely at Kakashi, who only gave him a mock bow before leaving.