Chapter 23: Uzumaki vs. Uchiha

"You four stay, only he passes," Kisame stated as he pointed at Naruto, who dismissed the man with a glance before walking past the shark-like Akatsuki member. 

"Kisame," He began, now past the man.

"Don't worry, I won't kill your little friends, though it looks like you brought them here to take me down," Kisame said with a vicious grin. "I'm flattered, I just might take you up on your offer." 

"If I find out you touch a single hair on their heads," He turned his head just slightly, his Sharingan spinning wildly out of control. "I'll take yours," And with that, he disappeared. 

"Huh, the kid has an edge, doesn't he?" Karin blushed a little. 

"He sure does," Kabuto looked at her weirdly. 

"Incest is wrong. . .right?" Karin sputtered and kicked the medic in his shin. 

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! BESIDES, WE'RE NOT REALLY RELATED IN THE SLIGHTEST!" Suigetsu's eyes narrowed as he grinned. 

"That kinda sounded like a confession to me, Karin." He only got a fist to the face as a response. 

Naruto walked through the thick stone doors and entered the building, jumping past a small flight of stairs and saw Itachi sitting on a throne-like chair, gazing lazily at him, only for Naruto to glare in return. 

"I'm here to kill you Itachi," Naruto growled. "Though I guess that's just stating the obvious," Itachi nodded.

"Yes, I've been waiting for you to fulfill your promise on that day," He said, his Sharingan piercing Naruto's own. "I've relished the thought of beating you when you were at the peak of your power, just to tear down was Shisui had done." 

"You don't deserve to speak his name," Naruto growled out, the veins around his eyes popping out as his Sharingan turned to a lighter red. 

"Oh? Is that the Byakugan? It seems you have developed your bloodline as I have mine," Naruto nodded.

"Yes, and now I can see through all of your genjutsu. I've had three years to master the Sharingan, Byakugan, and the Ice Release that I've been given. I now surpass every single Uchiha, Hyuga, and Yuuki with their bloodlines," Itachi didn't seem surprised, if anything, he seemed more interested and excited. 

"Ah, every Uchiha? But you haven't even unlocked the advanced version, have you?" Naruto's eyes widened as Itachi's eyes shifted into its unknown state. He had seen this before, but he thought it was his imagination! 

"What is this?!" Naruto asked angrily. 

"This is the power of the Mangeykou Sharingan, an evolved version of the Sharingan you currently possess. There is only one way to obtain these eyes," He began as he stood up, no longer feeling the need to sit. "And that's to kill your best friend, which was Shisui for me." 

"You killed Shisui," Naruto began. "For power?!" Itachi gave him a simple nod as Naruto rushed him, his sword out and twirling with lightning. 

Itachi blocked the sword strike with a kunai as he tried kicking Naruto, but the teen's Sharingan saw it coming as he jumped in the air, forming several hand seals and blew a fireball at the Uchiha, who easily evaded it by jumping back. 

"Sloppy." Itachi commented as he met Naruto's sword with his kunai once again. 

"I'll show you sloppy!" Naruto shouted in return before lightning scattered across his body and he disappeared from view, an enhanced version of Chidori, now dubbed Raikiri, in his hand as he tried to pierce Itachi's body from behind, only to fail as the man enveloped himself in some weird orange armor that seemed to be made of chakra, it resembling a rib cage of some sort.