Chapter 4- When I Was 10

When I was 10 everything started getting better.

My body was actually moulding into a woman's hourglass shape or close enough.

I had amazing best friends, and obsessed about fandoms.

But, I had this one friend who was homophobic. I still smacked asses because I still thought it was funny and basically she would laugh and shout, "ewwww, she's a lesbian!" I ignored it, not knowing what the word "lesbian" meant.

Our school was very, hmmm, how do I put it in words....? Well, basically if you didn't have a natural talent, you were an outcast. Luckily for me I exceeded in writing, even though I loved art. You had to be perfect, and there was no room for diversity. Racial, sexist, and gay slurs spread throughout the small primary school.

However, I soon learnt what "gay" and "lesbian" was. I then saw some gay men on tv, and said, "ewww, they're gay." My second eldest sister, 21 at the time, incredibly smart and pretty and everything like that (she was one of my idols growing up), replied to me,"Whats wrong with being gay?" I shrugged. She told me how it was okay and everything, and told me to research the entire lgbtiqcapgngfnba community. So I did.

From then on, I shamed all slurs, including homophobic ones. I attempted to explain to that one friend and this other one that gay is okay. I improved her view, and although I haven't seen or talked to her in a year and 6 months, I'm hoping she's fully accepted the community.