I flirted with this girl at the mall

So I was walking alongside our Japanese students, and my dad and nephew to the mall. Behind me, were a group of kids with mid length to really short hair.
I heard them make a joke about themselves and mention Pride Month.
Then, I knew, as well as the clothing, short nails, and most had shortish curly hair, they were some of us.
One girl said, ''Hey, she's got a Panic! At The Disco shirt on!" She ran up to me and was like, "I like your shirt." I stumbled a bit, as the insecure awkward person I am. I simply said thanks. Oh, and she was really cute.

I saw them again, inside.
I ran up to her with some random courage, and said, "I like your boots." Which stands for, of course, "You're cute. Are you gay too?"
I could tell they understood. They all squealed, undertstanding the reference. We had a small conversation, compliements, and from then on, we all walked around the place together.
Because there was five of us, and four of them, basically there was a group of nine teens running around the mall, all screaming anime theme songs, five extremely gay and four Japanese.
For fucks sake, one of them had a Naruto shirt on, which, even though I'd never seen the show, made it even better.

And then there was me,
With a fucking rolled up poster.
Ready to whack anyone who dared to call us fags or weebs.
I loved it.