Eclipse Rising

Self indulging in my character's backstory whoops

————————

Becca sat on a bench in HUB and walked all the people go by. It was a fascinating thing to do, people watch, because in HUB there was no limit to what kind of being you could find. Hybrids, monsters. robots, cyborgs, humans, and things the blonde didn't know what to call them. But everyone shared one trait- a username. Being a player. Coming from an isolated world with only humans, the innocence and diversity of the inhabitants of the multiverse was like something out of a fairy tale... just how her home world was like one to others.

I love this. I love who I am, I love HUB and Kermitcraft and all my friends here.

There was also the guilty thought of the friends Becca had left behind in her old world, but she shoved away from that thought. They probably thought she was dead, and that was fine. They wouldn't understand why she chose the multiverse over their isolated world. It was better for her to leave them in that world's mindset then try to explain the world outside their own.

Something bumped the back of her head rather harshly.

"Ow! Hey!" She protested, turning around to see who did that.

"Oh, so sorry!" Becca blinked in surprise at the sight. There was a tall boy, jet black hair and a grey cloak, with one of his hands raised and curled loosely on itself, a silver aura she hadn't seen in forever surrounding it and several floating shulker boxes.

"Woah," Becca breathed. "Cool magic."

The boy looked surprised as well. "Oh, thanks? It's a thing from my world- does that make sense?" He asked more to himself.

Becca stood up and took one of the shulker boxes from the air. "Yeah it does. Isolated world. You new to all this?"

The boy nodded. She couldn't help notice the similarities to the magic of her old world, but that wasn't possible...?

"...Oh, thank you. Yeah, my magic is something else in my world, although I never thought of it as anything special. But apparently people with my magic were worshipped as gods- not that I want that! I'm just rambling about it since you seemed interested," he explained quickly, brushing his bangs awkwardly out of his eyes.

Becca laughed. "Nah, I getcha. Reminds me of a type of magic in my world. I had a friend who was like that, but neither of us really saw anything different about him, so when people freaked out for him being a sorcerer, it was pretty crazy," she smiled and laughed at the memory.

The boy pointed to a shop on the right. "I'm taking these over there. Sorcerer, you say? That's what I am. Is that a common word for someone with magic, like... player? That's a thing right?"

Becca put down her shulker box and looked questionably at the boy. "No...? Where are you from?"

Is this a coincidence? Powerful magic, caster called a sorcerer? And black hair...

The boy slowly lowered his hand, the shulker boxes returned to the ground as the silver aura faded from sight.

"My world doesn't really have a name, but I'm technically from a part of the world called Navaria, although I grew up in Fayas-"

"Nathen?" Becca gasped.

He met her eyes. "How do you know my name?"

Oh my Notch, it's really him. Well frick. I wasn't prepared for this, oh no...

She slowly placed a hand on her chest. "Becca Bridger."

She saw recognition flash through his eyes- oh, those eyes. Chocolate brown, warm and full of shock right now. But she had seen so much more in them, when they were younger. Happiness, fear, concern, anger, wisdom and naivety. Becca didn't know what to think. Standing here was her old best friend, the one who kept by her the longest, the one who ignored her after his goal was found. The reason she was who she is now, but also the reason she hid that for so long. The one person she stayed in her home world for, and the reason she turned her back on it all.