Chapter 15 : Fair Enough

« So that's it ? You remember everything ? »

« Yes, I think so. »

« Kazu ! That's freaking amazing ! »

Rias hugged me tight, and I could see that she was kind of relieved, just like if all the guiltiness she bore had boiled away.

« And... What was the price ? »

« Err... I don't think you're gonna be happy with me... »

« Why ? What did you do ? »

« Maybe we should discuss it when we arrive at the castle ? »

« ...Kazu... You have to tell me, I mean... I'm going to share your life... I have the right to know at what cost. »

« It won't have a major impact on your life anyways. »

I could see in her eyes that she understood that it was useless to insist. She was very upset, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell her right now. That's how we ended up going back to the castle.
Rias's mother slapped her daughter's face as soon as we entered. The sound of the shot echoed through the whole building. Rias's cheek was completely swollen, but all the muscle in her face were tighten and she didn't changed of expression.

« What did you think young lady ? You could have been killed. You got all of us really worried. »

« Enough » She mumbled, so her mother couldn't understand.

« Excuse me ? »

« Enough ! »

She shouted becoming bold suddendly.

« I'm tired of you ! I am a grown up girl for god's sake ! I can take care of myself, besides if I didn't go, Kazu would be dead right now. »

Venelana showed a cloudy expression and was about to retort when my mother made her entrance.

« You shouldn't be so hard with your daughter. We all made mistakes when we were younger. Especially you and me. »

Venelana sweetened, and my mother continued. « Furthermore I am pleased that Rias helped Kazu, those two get to be happy after all, and that's all that we could wish for our children. »
Yes, of course my mother was like a mother to Rias too, I can remember that, it was the daughter she never had.
The conflict being avoided, we got back to our rooms. Well not exactly, since when I began to turn the knob of my room, Rias caught my other arm.

« Kazuki... You have to tell me... »

She looked very sad, her cheek was still really swollen and I felt really bad. I had a wave of compassion for her running through all my body. She looked like a puppy abandoned on the highway.

« Okay, come in. »

We then entered silently in my room.
I explained the deal calmly to Rias. She didn't showed no expression and I was kinda surprised. She stood up turned her back and then turned over again, she took a deep breath, and then she lost it.

« YOU AGREED TO WHAT ? »

Rias yelled after I explained everything to her. I knew that she would be mad, but to me the agreement we found was the best we could have.

« You can't do that, Kazuki... how...I...we... »

Tears began to shed on Rias's cheeks. I cupped her cheeks, and get her in my embrace, put she pushed me away.

« I'm... Just it's... You're just going to disappear again... How could you agree to that... »

« Look... it was the best thing that he suggested, no one will suffer, and should I remind you that if I didn't agree on anything, he would have killed both of us right away. »

« It's true... But still though I... »

She fell apart in my arms. I could only understand her, I mean, the deal consisted in me disappearing of the memory of everyone and then vanishing in a week. The creature considered that erasing me from the existence was more cruel than anything else. I couldn't agree more, but it was cruel for me and painless for everyone since they won't recall me.

« Rias, there is still one week, and I swear that i'll make you feel happy like you never felt before during this week. »

« It's not fair... »

« It's fair enough... »

« What day is it today ? »

« Tuesday. »

« And when will you disappear exactly ? »

« Friday. »

« So we have way less than a week. We actually have 3 days. »

« Errr... yes I guess so. »

« I think that I should go now Kazuki, I'd like to sleep for a bit now. »

I could clearly see that she was mad, but there's no way I'm leaving her all alone and sad. I took her hand and pulled her in a way that she had to face me.

« Listen Rias... I can see that you're sad, and I don't want that. »

« How did you think I would react ? Do you realise what you've just done ? You're just going to vanish again. That's so messed up. »

« I know... I would be mad too, but look, as I said earlier, what could have I done ? I wasn't exactly chatting with a friend. So I didn't have much of a choice..."

« Hear me out Kazu, I'm not mad at you. Fate is unfair and it's not your fault. I need some time alone. Maybe it's better if you go back to your house. Your father has had what he wanted, you have regained your powers. We can marry each other, but it's just meaningless. I've waisted so much time. So yeah I'm not mad at you, but I can't see you right now. »

Rias left my room. She turned the knob and closed the door behind her. It was the last time that I saw her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys ! I'm back on it, and definitely gonna finish it soon. Most of my exam are behind me and I definitely want to finsh that crappy story before I graduate. After long thoughts I have arrived at the conclusion that I'm not tired of writing fanfiction, I'm just tired of this story. I don't really like it, but I want to finish what I started because I see too much abandonned project around here and it's really frustrating. Even if a story is not good, I want to see the end. That's why I won't let you guys down. I have found a way to finish that story, so now I just have to write it ; HEAR ME OUT there's two chapter to go before the end, and then I will write another fanfic BETTER THAN THIS ONE !