Chapter 3 : Someting burried inside

I woke up in my bedroom, naked, with Rias sleeping naked beside me, and using me as a hugging pillow. I didn't have a hole in my chest anymore, and I was feeling quite good. I separated myself from Rias and covered her with my blanket, so she won't be cold. There was nobody at home beside me and her. I put my underwear, I knew that it was useless because it's her who must've undressed me last night, but well I'm bashful.

I went downstair and brought her back a breakfast to bed.

I don't know exactly why I did that. Well last night when I didn't believe that she was a devil and I had a run for my money. Her story is true. So, yeah I am her slave. I'm not a free man anymore. The good news is that she seems to treat me right. Anyways, If I made her breakfast it wasn't because I felt that I had to... it was more... maybe like to thank her to save my life again last night.

She woke up, and she saw the tray with the breakfast that was on the bed and me, with my clothes sitting on the chair of my desk.

« Good morning » she said while yawning and stretching, which made the blanket fall.

« G-Good morning... Do you want me to go out of the room while you put your clothes back on ? »

« Huh ? Oh no, don't worry I don't mind, anyways... it's you who made that ? » She pointed the breakfast. I nodded while smiling.

« Well that's very nice of you ! But you really didn't have to ! You should've rest, your body must feel really tired of what happened last night. »

« No don't worry I feel good, I don't know what you did to heal me but It was very effective. »

« Well I'm relieved to hear that. You had me worried last night, your lungs were almost completely destroyed. It's a bless that your body is very tough. »

Rias dressed up, and I turned around while she did, which made her giggle a bit.

We went downstairs together, and since Rias thought that I hadn't completely recovered from my wound, she said that I should stay at home today, and that she would watch over me to make sure that I was okay.

I thought that it wasn't necessary, but well skipping one day of school and spending my time with Rias, I wouldn't spit on it. Moreover I had a question to ask her.

I didn't know how to bring up the topic, so well I may have been totally clumsy.

« Huh Rias... Oh is it alright for me to call you that by the way ? »

« Well I don't really mind when it's just the two of us, but at school or in public "President" would be better. »

« Huh okay... So anyway... I was wondering, last night you said something, like that you have found me again... do we know each other from before ? »

« Oh I didn't know that you heard that part... Well... yes we do know each other from before, at least I know you, since you can't remember me. »

« What do you mean by I can't remember you ? »

« I wanted to explain it to you later, but since you asked, I'll explain it now. »

She put a complicated face. And took a deep breath.

« Kazu, you and i we used to be childhood friends. »

« What ? But I don't remember it at all ! »

« Yes I know. Let me explain. You used to live in the underworld, the world of the devils. And well we used to be best friends. We met when we were like 4 years old. Your family and mine used to be very close friend. It's kinda hard to talk about it for me so I will sum it up, but we were walking in a dangerous place, and an evil god attacked us, he tried to kill me, and to save my life, you made a pact with him. You sold him your memories, your devilish powers and your existence as a devil in order for him to let me go. You then became a simple human being, you were placed in random family, and you forget everything about your previous « life » »

She choked a sob, took a deep breath, and she looked at me with teary eyes.

« After that you're family was so desperate to have lost their only child because of me that they cut ties with the Gremorys. And me well I was so desperate to have lost my best friend that I promised myself that I'll found you and make you a member of my peerage as soon as I could. »

« Oh I see... But I only sold him my memories ? I mean what I felt, I can still remember it ? I ask because whenever I try to think about my childhood I have a sort of trauma, an unexplainable fear and when I saw you in the corridors at school I felt like if I was... ooops never mind I was just got carried away. »

« I don't really know. But now that I've found you, I'm gonna make sure to make you find your memories, and your powers back. »

Rias hugged me. She burried her face in my shoulders and she didn't talk anymore. I must admit that it was a bit crazy for me... Even if she had known me for ever, I, in the other hand barely know her. But well I decided to go with the flow, and I stroke the back of her head and held her against me. This strange story is hard to believe but it explains a bunch of things. The things I was trying to explain about my feelings earlier for exemple. I think that some of the things I felt at that time weren't removed. Because when I first arrived in Kuoh academy I had an attraction toward the crimson haired beauty. I didn't pais much attention to it since it was the case of most of the boys. But what I felt was closer to love than simple desire.

I don't know if i'm right, but I do believe her. She broke the hug and said.

"I'm sorry, Kazu... I've stained your shirt."