12|Boys Need Love

1.4K views? Y'all showin' out. It't not a lot, but I didn't expect to get past maybe 150 views. Y'all still slacking on the votes and comments a li'l bit, but you can get this one. Typed it all tonight just for you, so it might be rough.

Going to the roller rink on Friday nights was something Savon always enjoyed, from high school til now. The dim lights, the soft music, people going in circles either holding hands, falling, or playing the miscellaneous games sprinkled around the ring.

 Now 23 years of age, he still tried to indulge in this pleasure at least once a month as a stress reliever from school. Yes, he frequented the gym and read, or even sometimes a late swim in the lit up condo pool he lived in was nice, but there was nothing like moving -- or trying to move -- in sync with good music and decent food.

Stepping up to the counter, he peered down with low eyes from the brim of his hat to pay for his entry ticket. The guy at the counter gave him the wrist band and let him pass through the front door. Instantly, he felt relief taking over his body while inhaling the stale and greasy air of his safe haven. 

Slipping off his shoes and replacing them with his blades, he silently slid onto the wooden floor and began to move. It was slightly crowded, but it didn't bother him. Tonight was deemed 'Throw Byke Nite', where old mixes were spun and those who could maneuver well enough to handle it got a grind on wheels. 

About an hour in, more people came and sat in the booths or at the bar, enjoying the overall mood. 

A little bit closer, little bit closer, baby,

'Cause I can't lose ya, I can't lose ya, baby,

I'll be the one to have you in love again, 

I love the way you feel, babe,

Take it slow

You should pour another one,

I'mma roll,

We don't need no title, just,

Play ya role, and I'mma play my role...

Major Nine's 'Can't Sleep Alone' filled the room, causing Savon to drop his head and bite his lip, suppressing a smile. Bobbing his legs in and out, doing a few spins, ultimately skating backwards, he mumbled the words. Halfway through the song, he felt a soft thud and heard a small yelp follow shortly after. 

Quickly turning around, he held his hand out to help the girl stand. Not realizing he had on blades and had not bended his knees, he ended up rolling over her hand a second time and falling beside her. He chuckled and brought his long legs up to his chest. 

"I apologize about that. I'm usually good about not bumping and falling into people. You okay?"

"Yeah," she replied. "I'm not that great of a skater. I saw you coming and I tried to go around you, but you were moving fast." He nodded, smoothing the top of his cap.

"Yeah, when I'm skating I'm usually in my head. I'm sorry, again."

A gentleman, she thought as 'Made for Me' played next on shuffle. "It's cool, really. It's just my hand." Picking it up delicately by the wrist, Savon delicately examined her hand. Her pinky finger was slightly swollen and her ring finger was still red. 

Now, if I tell you 'bout my problems

Would you listen?