Morning, raincloud

Kunikida managed to convince Chuuya to sit in the back rather easily. Dazai was just grateful for the distraction, and that Atsushi was in front so he would stop giving him that pitiful look. 

Chuuya sat down and immediately punched his former partner in the face as hard as he could. 

     "What the-!!??" Atsushi yelped, leaping up to protect his mentor before seeing that Dazai had a huge grin on his face. 

     "Hey Chuuya, it's been a while, huh?" Dazai mumbled, rubbing his sore nose and cheek. "Man, you still pack a punch." He winced. 

     "And you've gotten soft. How boring." Chuuya scoffed. The redhead looked down, eyes landing on Dazai's arms, where the blood was begining to seep through his bandages. 

His eyes widened almost imperceptibly, but Atsushi caught a flash of concern in his blue eyes. 

    "Oh you moron. Don't tell me you're back at this again." He sighed and pulled a bottle of whiskey out of seemingly thin air. "Here, just don't drink it all." The mafioso reluctantly handed the booze over to Dazai, who hungrily downed half of the bottle at once. Chuuya had to work hard to contain his surprise. "Hey, dumbass, slow down. We're on a mission, don't black out on us. I just wanted you to use it as a pain-killer." 

Dazai didn't listen, instead downing the rest of the bottle. 

     "Moron! I just told you not to drink the whole thing!" Chuuya hissed, snatching the now empty bottle away. Dazai smirked, his eyes cloudy from the alcohol. 

Chuuya just narrowed his stormy blue eyes and looked away from his former partner. He'd almost forgotten how mentally weak Dazai was. With such intelligence and physical prowess, it was easy to let it slip one's mind. 

Chuuya wondered if the Agency knew about Dazai's...episodes. From what the ginger could tell, the bandage-wasting-idiot had an attack just before he got here. Looking at the other passengers in the car, he spotted some very poorly covered concern in the boy 'Atsushi'. The man, 'Kunikida', also looked worried, but he was better at hiding his expressions. 

From that, the mafioso could gather that this was the first time Dazai had an attack around them. 

Surprising with the frequency of attacks Chuuya remembered. 

He felt an odd stab of concern for his partner. 

Having attacks like the ones Chuuya recalled, alone, in his empty apartment. 

At least he was relieved to see that this attack seemed less intense than the others, maybe because the agency members had halted his self-destructive actions fast. 

Despite his best efforts, Chuuya was unable to stop himself from remembering the first 'bad' attack he had walked in on. 

~Flashback~

Chuuya was stuck with collecting Dazai from his apartment, since he was very late to a mission and the boss was getting angry. 

Knocking on the door, he waited for Dazai to come to the door with that stupid, clueless grin. 

No one opened the door, in fact, the apartment seemed eerily silent. 

Grumbling to himself, Chuuya kicked the door open. Dazai could pay for a repair later. 

Still, everything was silent, and dark. Very dark. 

Wandering in the lightless rooms, he almost tripped over a dozen or so bottles of booze, all of which were empty.