Morning, partner

Chuuya snuggled into Dazai's side, comforted by the sensation of his partner's hand massaging his back. 

     "Jeez, you idiot. You could've gone easy on me." The redhead whined, trying his best to work out the ache in his hips. "I need to walk around in, like, an hour." 

Dazai chuckled, burying his nose into Chuuya's soft hair. 

     "With how you were acting earlier, all needy like that?" He smirked. "I held back on you Chuu~"

      Chuuya sighed, nuzzling into the brunette's chest. 

     "You're exhausting, you know?" The ginger mumbled. 

     "Mhm, and you're adorable," Dazai responded. 

Chuuya just grumbled. 

     "Chuu~, I hate to say this now, but you need to get dressed. It's almost time for Kunikida to come and check on me." The brunette slowly pulled away from his partner, grabbing his own clothes and getting himself dressed up. He'd kept his bandages on during their 'reunion', despite Chuuya's complaints.  

The ginger whined at the loss of warmth, eventually getting up and dressed as well. 

Chuuya struggled a little when walking at first, but within a few minutes, he was able to move without pain. 

Luckily for both Dazai and Chuuya, by the time Kunikida was beginning to make his way to the infirmary, they had already cleaned up. 

The door creaked open and a slightly-less-exhausted Kunikida walked in. 

    "Hey, Nakahara, is Dazai alright?" The idealist asked, taking a seat in a chair next to the bed. 

     "Yeah, he seems alright," Chuuya mumbled, heading for the door. "Can you handle him for a bit?" The redhead asked, pausing by the exit. 

     "Of course," The blonde responded, waving Chuuya off half-heartedly. 

After the redhead left, Kunikida was silent for a few moments. 

     "Kunikida-kun?" Dazai murmured, finally drawing the attention of his partner. 

    "Dazai...I don't want to intrude or be pushy...but...I need you to remove the bandages from your arms." 

Dazai's blood ran cold. He'd sliced his arms up just hours ago, the wounds would still be very visible. 

     "Oh? I keep these on for a reason, you know." The brunette blabbed, racing to come up with a suitable reason for his unwillingness to show his arms. 

     "Dazai, I'm serious." The blonde said with a glare. "I need to see your arms." 

     "Kunikida...I don't want to show off my past that much..." Dazai murmured, deciding that, maybe, tugging at his colleague's heartstrings could help force his case. 

Kunikida did not look swayed, though he did look painfully guilty. 

     "You mean the past you refuse to tell us about?" Kunikida ran a faintly shivering hand through his hair. "Dazai, I know nothing about your past, I know nothing about what led you to...to...this! I need to know these things, damn it! I'm your partner in the agency and yet I had no idea what you were going through all this time!" Kunikida's voice began to shake, his shoulder's slumped. It was so unlike him that Dazai couldn't help but feel a sharp stab of guilt for his poor friend. 

     "Kunikida, I really don't think you need to know-"

     "No! You don't understand! I've failed you so many times now, and yet you brush it off with a smile! What in god's name pushed you to forgive this stupid, blind idiot that can't even tell when his partner is suffering?!" Kunikida's voice was wavery, unseen tears threatening to slip from his eyes.