~20~ Game Night and a Revolution (Part 2)

"Right, Riley? Sweetheart?" Topanga said, as Riley stared at the card in her hand.

"Mom, I really hate to do this but I have a go to Europe with a friend card." I gasped dramtically. "And you're all the way back there." She frowned. "And I've never been to Europe."

Ava turned to Auggie. "I want to go to Europe."

"Get off my back!"

I turned to Cory. "They act more like a married couple than you two do."

"Wait, you're leaving me?" Topanga gasped.

"Mom, it is not personal, I just got this card and..."

"Wait, you're leaving me?"

"Here it comes." Cory said, grimacing.

"I am your mother. I have your absolute love and loyalty. What do you think you're talking to him?" She said, pointing at Cory.

"Hey, Farkle. How do you that again?" He asked.

"Haaa!" Farkle exclaimed.

"Has!" Cory copied weakly.

"Now you run, sir." Farkle said.

"No, actually now I go right over here which is exactly where I belong."

"Well, this game just got real." I exclaimed in my announcer voice.

"Will the daughter go off on her own or does the mother hold on to her forever?" Josh said, as we stepped closer to them.

"I'm sorry, mommy."

"Partners?" Maya asked.

"Forever."

"Riley?" Topanga asked.

"Mom, I am just playing a game. Isn't that what you want me to do? Win?"

"Not without me."

"Hey, Topanga. You and me." Cory reassured her.

"You and me. Let's win this thing."

"You and me. Let's win this thing." Riley told Maya.

"You and me." Farkle told Lucas.

"I just want to go home."

"You and me. It's way past our bedtime." Ava exclaimed.

"Yeah!" They both yelled. 

~<3~

"So what happened with this Zay kid?" Josh asked me. The other teams each got a five minute break, so we were sitting by the kitchen table, waiting.

"How'd you hear about that?" I asked.

"I heard you and Howdy talking about it earlier."

"I hate him."

"Woah. Hate's a strong word... What'd he do?"

"Where do I even start. He's a blabbermouth. He spilled my secret out to the whole school, and within an hour people were making fun of me. Then he pretends like he didn't do anything! Like he has no clue what happened. It's infuriating."

"So you like him?" Josh teased, and I turned to him.

"There's something wrong with your mind, Matthews."

"That's not a no." I punched him in the arm. "Okay, okay. I'll shut up. Anyway, Riley and Maya are back. Game on!"

(Earlier that day)