In the dark

Camila's pov

The dungeon was dark and dusty. It was so hard to breathe the wet warm air here.

"Mila, hurry up!" whispered my mom.

"Wait a minute" i said bringing the torch to light up the old book i jusr found.

"But they'll catch you being here and then they'll..." she shivered from just thinking about it. "You shouldn't do that. It's too dangerous."

"But Sophie's ill. Only some magic can save her"

"Don't say that, Camila! Don't say that word" her voice was trembling. She brought up her tiny bronze cross and held it in her hand saying a quiet prayer.

"Who's there?!" a loud raspy voice flod the dungeon.

"Mila" she shivered.

"Surrender immediately!" insisted he.

"Mom, run!"

"No, i won't leave you!" she cried.

"Just run out of here! Somebody's gotta take care of Sophie! Give her this herb for now. I'll be back with the cure...."

"But..."

"I promise" i smiled delicately and hugged for goodbye. "Now, take the torch and get out of here!"

"Who's there?! Immediately surrender! For the king's sake!" shouted the spearmen coming closer.

"Take care, dear" she said and dissapeared in the corridor. I could feel the pain in her voice and the tears in her eyes.

"I surrender." At least i could catch his attention so he won't chase her.

"Good, now maybe i'll have some mercy on you, witch." he laughed.

"Hope so" i smiled.

****

Thank you for reading.❤