Chapter 1

I went back to my room and packed everything after I met Nora and Atsuko. I didn't have much to pack though. 2 or 3 pairs of clothes, my blanket and my pillow. This was a strict orphanage, and they wouldn't let me bring anything else, though, it's not like I had much of anything else to bring.

We were all in the car, driving to my new home. I stared out of the window. Awkward silence filled the car till Atsuko turned on the radio. I hummed to the songs I knew as my mind drifted off to another world. Nora would occasionally ask me questions about my favorite food, color, ext.

It was dark when the car finally stopped. I breathed a silent sigh of relief. Atsuko and Nora left the car I followed them and I got out and grabbed my bag from the trunk. Nora introduced me to Yumi and then showed me to my room. I dropped my bag and unpacked what little I had. I sat at the foot of my bed as I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in." Yumi walked in and sat next to me.

"W-we are going to watch a movie, do you want t-to watch it with us?" Yumi asked nervously.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I'm really sleepy. I'll watch it with you tomorrow, though," I reassured her. She looked a bit sad, but smiled back at me before she closed the door. I scooted up my bed and laid down under the covers.

When I woke up I changed clothes and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Hey, Yumi? Can you come down for a moment? Just need a quick word with you and (Y/n)!" Nora yelled. Yumi came quickly. "Ah? Where's your little teddy?"

Yumi looked at the ground nerusly. "Listen, Yumi... you haven't been here for long, and you miss your grandpa... but you're family now. You can tell us anything. The same goes for you (Y/n)."

"Thanks" I said quietly.

"...T-thank you, Nora..." Yumi added shyly.

"Oh! Too cute!" She pulled both of us into a hug. "Right! Well, Lily called to say she'll be late to babysit you today. But I gotta run to the store-there's a big shipment coming. You'll be okay alone for a bit, right?"

"Yes ma'am" I said as Yumi nodded. I started to walk to the living room. I looked back and Yumi was headed to the basement. "Hey, where are you goi-?" I was interrupted by a loud creak. Both me and Yumi looked up the stairs.

"That... sounded like the closet... door..." Yumi looked up fearfully. We both went up to investigate, like the stupid kids we were. On Yumi's bed was a teddy bear.

"Play? Play? ... PLAY." It screeched.

"Oh fuck." I said as it opened its mouth and started to run towards us. I grabbed Yumi by her hand and ran down the stairs.

"The basement!" Yumi yelled as I dragged her behind me. I threw open the door and pushed Yumi in. I didn't have time to go in myself. I closed the door and continued to run. "(Y/n)!" Yumi yelled.

I ran to the front door. I jumped on it and then jumped off of it, so that the beast ran into it. I ran back to the basement door opened it, then slammed it shut. I slid down it exhausted. Yumi leaned against the door too when the beast started to bang on it.

After a while, the beast was just crying for us to play with it. "We need to find something to get past it." I said looking at the stairs. Yumi nodded and I was filled with determination.

We both started to look for something. There was so much here, there had to be something, right? Yumi bumped into a box which caused a ball to bounce across the floor. It bounced between some boxes and hit something metal.

Yumi reached in and pulled out a box. She opened it, and inside was a puppet. "What a weird aura..." Yumi said. I looked at her confused, then smiled. "Ah... I-I mean..."