Chapter 3

I am soooo sorry this came out when it did. I am a horrible author.😭
Here I won't distract you any longer.

"There, there, hush, now. I'm here with you. Your dad is gone. I won't let you get hurt." He cooed, which seemed to calm me pretty fast.

"Hey (Y/n)? Are you alrig-" Yumi asked me as she opened the door.

"Paris! You're back! Are you Okay!? Was my dream wrong? Was there another one of those there? Did you stop it? What's wrong with (Y/n)?" Yumi bombarded him with questions. Wait a second... why did she ask Paris what's wrong with me and not me what's wrong with me? If that makes sense.

He stood up off of the bed and started to take the coat off. "Well, from the top... Yes, I'm just fine. No, Your dream was spot on. Yes, It would seem there was... and, unfortunately, no." He gripped onto the jacket tightly when he answered that last question.

"Don't beat yourself up Paris." I said and then we both smiled at the irony of it. We looked down on ourselves, but discouraged the other from doing it. "Oh... and I was just really happy when Paris came back." I answered Yumi's last question.

"By the time I arrived, it was already gone... as was the child of the house, apparently, kidnapped. It would seem by our mutual friend. I searched most of the night away, but had no luck finding where they went."

Paris looked down to the ground to think. "I do have a fairly good idea as to which little failure is responsible for the headache... but... It's strange..."

"I'm sorry..." Yumi said quietly.

"Why on earth are you-" Paris was cut off by Yumi.

"B-because! If... if I had dreamt about it sooner. O-or... or saw it more clearly, then you could have gotten there-" Paris cut her off by patting her head.

"Eh!?" Yumi blushed brightly.

"Such a strange girl." Paris smiled at her. "Unfortunately, it was my creator, not me, who had the ability to track down his ridiculous failures. He pointed the way, and I did the dirty work... as always... If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even known anything was amiss. I'd be scrounging for clues. So, truly, thank you. You're a tremendous help."

I felt bad. All I have done is distract him from his job. I haven't helped him at all. Paris looked at me. I was in the furthest corner of my bed, staring at the wall.

"Y-you saved me and (Y/n)'s life... you saved Lily's life! And now you're trying to save somebody else's... I'll do anything I can to help!"

"...'Saving lives' isn't..." He mumbled to himself as he sat down beside me. I could tell Yumi was going to ask him what he was going to say, but I put a finger on my lips signaling her to stay quiet. "...exactly how... I'd... put it..."

I could tell he was deep in though. I didn't want to disturb him. He started to lean against me. I slowly put an arm over him. Yumi stood in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do. 'You can go if you want.' I mouthed to her. She nodded and walked away. 

When she walked out of the room, I could hear her jumping around and squealing. Only God and the readers know why.

Paris stayed deep in thought for a few minutes. The only thing I was doing was drinking up his beauty. 

I could feel him tense up. I started to rub his arm and he relaxed. ...Then he got tensed up again. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him as I started rub his arm again.