Chapter 5 Part 5

Jesus Christ, it's been a while since I last published. Almost completely forgot this even existed.

"Hm? Oh no, it's just... this is all new for me. I'm used to being thrown around, not..." you looked down at your hands, searching for the right word, "...cared for. Y'know? If anyone would understand this, it'd be you."

There was a rough knock on the door. "Y'all two almost done? I don't know how much longer I can hold it."

"Yes, we're just finishing up."

"Or rather..." you started, wanting to lighten the mood between you and Paris, "wrapping up."

Paris groaned, unlocked the door, opened it, then walked away without another word. You giggled and trailed behind him.

~•~

"Why can't I sleep!" you groaned into your pillow. A chuckle was emitted from Paris, who was sitting on the desk beside your bed.

"It's not funny!" You whined as you sat up. Running your fingers through your hair, you slowly lifted your head from the bed to face Paris.

"Why try to force yourself to slumber? Last I heard, which was from a more reliable source than where you receive your so-called 'information', humans go to sleep when required. When you need rest, you will rest."

"Oh, we're going to start going on about information now? Last I heard, which was from a professional, humans need 8 hours of sleep each night. You and I both know I didn't get any sleep last night and it was a long night," you countered as though it was Paris' fault you couldn't sleep. You really couldn't help it. Everyone gets moody when they can't sleep.

"Plus we have other things to deal with tomorrow." 

Paris raised an eyebrow. "'We'?  It's just going to be me going to take a look at the camera."

You smoothly stood from the bed. You trapped Paris by placing your hands on his, which were at either side of him for support so that he was leaning back. You moved your face close to his and spoke in a clear, low voice, "Oh? Is that so?"

Something flickered in Paris' eyes briefly. You weren't sure if you were seeing things so you shrugged it off.

However, you underestimated yourself and your acute awareness, for Paris did have a moment of confusion. Yes, you were prone to being... a tad moody, but these mood swings were... so to speak, more violent. It was throwing Paris off.

He had a theory, but wasn't entirely sure. In order to know, he'd have to hope you let it slipped. For now, he'd just have to try to keep up with your pace.

"Yes, that is so," he said at he straightened his back so he wouldn't need his hands for support. Your noses were now touching.

"Hm... fine," you gave up almost instantly.

"What do you think we should do?" you asked as you sat on the floor looking like a kid.

"...Do about what?" Paris was hesitant to ask.

"About... about... ." You weren't sure. Everything? Nothing? "About now. I-I mean, we should go do something to pass the time." You were in too good a mood to mention the things troubling you.