Chapter 5 Part 1

This is going south quicker than I thought it would. Why couldn't I just have one normal day? I closed my eyes tightly and sped up. "Hey I'm talking to you!" He screamed, his voice slurred. I heard him turn his car off and open the door. The air seemed to get thicker which made me cough and open my eyes to see what had happened.

There was a cloud of smoke surrounding me.  I shut my eyes tightly feeling how much they burned from the thick fog.  I gripped onto Paris... just to realise he wasn't in my grasp anymore.  I opened my eyes coughing in search of Paris.

The fog had almost completely cleared, and i saw Paris was in his human form and between me and the drunk guy. I hid behind Paris. "You should learn some manners; she said no," Paris said with poison. The guy was out of his car and was close to us. He skidded to a stop and stared at Paris confused.

"W-where? When did you-"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is if you leave or not. That will change what I do next." Paris said as he took out his knife. The guy ran back to his car, jumped in and drove off rather quick. "Men nowadays. So..." He muttered. I took the jacket off and handed it to him. We continued our walk.

"Should have known that was gonna happen." I said blaming myself.

Paris stopped and grabbed my shoulders, turning me to face him.  "This is not your fault, (Y/n)."

I looked down at my feet.  "That's not what I said," I mumbled.

He grabbed my chin and made me look up at him.  "You couldn't have predicted that."  I avoided eye contact with Paris.

"But I could've..." I whispered.

"(Y/n), look at me... (Y/n)." He slightly shook me.  I hesitantly brought my eyes up to his. "Even if you could have foreseen that, you wouldn't have been able to stop it.  Stop worrying about it, we're both fine, so there's no need to dawdle over it."

"I guess... You're right..." I said and sighed.

"Shall we continue?" Paris asked, standing up straight and offering his hand.

I took it and replied, "I suppose so."

Paris stayed close to me the rest of the way home. He picked me up and jumped into the window of my room as I sighed. "Thanks." Paris didn't set me down on my feet. Instead, he sat down on my bed and placed me onto his lap. I snuggled close to him. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"You're mine now." Paris whispered, "I won't let anyone hurt you. Ever."

"We both need to freshen up." I said after a few minutes.

"You'll have to wait till morning, and I'll have to wait till Nora and Atsuko leave. We don't want to raise any suspicion."

I moved out of Paris' lap and crawled to the head of the bed. I got under the covers, and so did Paris. Neither of us could sleep. We held each other close as we reflected on the night. Or at least, that's what I did. Who knows what Paris is thinking. I looked up at him and he was staring at me.

I put a hand on his cheek and smiled at him. He smiled back as he put his hand on my hand, telling me to keep it there. "I enjoy you're warmth. ...It's... soothing."

"And your chilly touch is strangely comforting."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. I think it's comforting because... well, remember that man from earlier?"

"The obviously over intoxicated one?  How could I not?"

"You're not like him, and your touch assures me of that. I know you won't hurt me. You won't trick me or lie to me." I closed my eyes tightly as I thought of my past. "...You won't... do... the things my... dad did to me..." Paris held me close to him as he started to straighten my hair.