Chapter 5 Part 4

Just when I thought I got away, the kitchen door swung open.

'Damnit.  Maybe I can run into the bathroom?  Or into my room?  No, he'd just run after me.  If he caught me, well my plan failed.  If he didn't, he would be worried and possibly break down the door.  Uhg! Why life!?  Why me?!'

I just kept walking hoping he didn't question me.  I heard Iris whisper something.  It took a second for it to click in my head. 

'That little snITCH!  GODDAM—!'

"(Y/n)?" Paris inquired in a saddened voice that made my stomach turn over.  I couldn't help but stop in my tracks.  Though, I didn't have the courage to turn around and face him.  I heard him approach me cautiously, one slow step after the other.  More memories returned as I forgot who was advancing towards me.

I shook in fear, unable to move.  My eyes squeezed shut and my fist balled up again.  The pace of my breathing quickened.  My legs were starting to have trouble holding me up from all the shaking.

I jumped in response to feeling a hand being placed on my shoulder. I was expecting anything but that.  Then came a whisper, soft and quiet in my ear; "(Y/n), deep breaths.  No one here is going to harm you. I promise." A voice I recognize. A voice I trust.

My breathing calmed somewhat, but I was still quivering.  'It's just Paris.  It's just Paris.'

Paris moved gradually, shrouding my waist with both of his arms.  "You trust me, don't you?"  Paris questioned, his head now resting on my shoulder.  I nodded hesitantly.  "Well then, trust me when I say that this here," he motioned around the house, "in this environment, you are safe.  I'll make sure of it." 

He gave my waist a light squeeze to emphasize on what he said.  A shaky breath escaped my lips.  I kept still, waiting for Paris' next move.

"You should go clean up.  Your hands, I mean."

"...I know..." I managed to mumble.

Before I could register what he was doing, Paris picked me up bridal style. "Come on, now.  Neither of us would want that to get infected."

I didn't try to escape his grasp, knowing that it would be useless.

I awaited a stifled giggle or something of the sort, but it never came.  Paris must have petrified Lily.

So off we went, headed for the bathroom to clean up my injuries. A sense of Déjà Vu washed over me. Had this happened before? Ah... indeed it has.

We had finally reached our destination.  Paris set me down on sink counter so that we'd be at eye level.

Paris then proceeded to squat down and get the supplies required to patch me up... which just-so-happened to be in the cabinet resting between my legs. 

I tensed up, at first, thinking he was going to do something else.  When I realized what he was actually doing, I blushed and turned away from him, scolding myself internally.  'He's not like that.  He wouldn't do that.  He's not like... .'

*2nd POV*

Paris didn't seem to understand what he was doing.  When he stood he looked at you with concern.  Closing the cabinet with his foot he spoke, "(Y/n), is something troubling you?"

You were pulled out of your thoughts. "Hm?" you asked, blush still (very) present on your face.  You hadn't faced him.

"Are you okay?" Is what Paris wanted to ask, but he knew better than that.

"(Y/n)." The tone in his voice had changed, startling you.  "Look at me and answer my question."  He set down the wraps, the rubbing alcohol, and a rag down by the sink.