N I N E T E E N

[ A/N : Nouis above...
      Dedicated to @angelreads24 . Love ya! 💙💙 ]
P. S. I have not written smut for so long. I wanna write some. 😂 ]

They meet Niall the other day. He walks into the art gallery wearing such an annoyed expression that Zayn and Harry are taken aback. His scowl relaxes slightly, when he spots them, and he somehow manages a smile. So, that's okay. But something's off.

"You okay?" Zayn asks, looking at him in concern.

"Yes, it's just..." Niall sighs, irritated "There's this guy in my school, one grade ahead. He is the most obnoxious person I've ever met! Every single moment of my life, I have his annoying voice ringing in my head! 'I am Louis Tomlinson! You better bow down —"

"Glad to know what you think of me."

Niall freezes, and Zayn and Harry share a look, then look at the guy who has just spoken. He has feathery brown hair, blue-grey eyes and quite a number of tattoos. And he doesn't look too happy at all.

"You want to hear what I think of you, Niall?" he says, his voice low and mocking "You are nothing but a hypocrite. You talk about how people are not always as they seem, and that you should not judge them by their looks. But you do the same for me. You have not talked to me except more than a few words and don't see me outside school. You have no right to..."

He trails off, his eyes falling behind Niall. It doesn't take long for Zayn to realise where, and Harry's soft nudge on his elbow confirms it. On one of his charcoal sketches, named 'Trapped'.

(Credits for this goes to Hernan Marin

(Credits for this goes to Hernan Marin. Unfortunately, I don't know the real name of this beautiful sketch)

His blue eyes dart from side-to-side, reading the description.

'Trapped. You can be trapped anywhere. Inside an abusive home. Inside a toxic relationship... Inside you head. And sometimes, you can't get out. You lose yourself.'

Louis' eyes glisten with tears for a moment, but he quickly blinks them away. His gaze falls on Zayn, then back on the painting and then back on Zayn.

"You made that painting? Wow." that's all he said, his voice casual but ringing with sincerity. Then, he turns back to Niall. "My mother died an year ago, and one of my sister not even six months after left me as well. I hide behind this facade to show I don't care. But I am... trapped inside my head." he chuckles, dryly, gesturing at the sketch.

Niall looks down, his shoulder sagging. "I am sorry, Louis.... I didn't know."

Louis shrugs, turns around, and disappears into the crowd. Just like that.