t w e n t y - o n e

today i'm going for a day out with inanna and pia, we're going to get a mani and pedi, i need to get my brows done so we're just going to have a girly day out.
i put my phone in my purse and walk downstairs to the living room.
"bye babe" i say, kissing hero on the head.
hero turns around and hugs me, mumbling something but i didn't hear. i walk out of my home and lock the door. as i walk down the steps from the front door, i hear a car horn.
"get in loser we're going shopping" pia shouts.
i snicker at her mean girls reference, she loves that film.

we are now in the nail salon and i'm getting my pedicure done, so are the other two girls.
"how're you and hero then?" pia asks, locking her phone and placing it on my lap.
a smile grows on my face, because hero and i have never been better.
"after the proposal he has been the best" i say, obvious that i am happy.
"i'm so glad that you're happier" inanna says, blowing me a kiss.
"i'm in love" i say, fidgeting with my ring.
the woman doing my feet looks up at me and laughs.
"young love.. what i'd do to go back" she says
"can i see who this lucky man is?" she adds
i unlock my phone and get my favourite picture up of hero, the picture where his beautiful brown locks are slicked back and his piercing green eyes stand out and he's wearing his lacoste turtle neck. he looked so hot on his birthday.
"wow, he's handsome" the woman says
she takes my feet out of the water and starts to sort out my feet nails, hero loves it when i get my feet and hands done..
"does he look after you?" she asks
i nod and smile.
"he treats me like a queen" i reply