Chapter 11: The Lecture

"So, I have a boyfriend." Once I heard Callie speak of this, I abruptly stopped eating my ice cream. The spoon was on my mouth, but then it slipped off since my mouth was open. The shock was very visible on my face.

The silences I have left made Callie speak once again, “Skylar?” The uneasiness in her voice could was evident.

I started to squeal, and jump up and down. "Callie, who, when, how," I bombard her with questions while she starts squealing with me. "Well," she extends, adding a dramatic pause to add to the anticipation. "He goes to Travis University." Once again, my eyes have popped right out of my eyes. I was honestly curious to his this guy was.

I made a mental note to lecture him tomorrow.

"His name is Luke. So, I met him ten months ago, and secretly had a thing for him." I gasped at what she said. I was seriously hurt that she didn't bother to tell me about her secret crush.

"Sorry, sorry. I thought you might have, maybe, killed him if you knew. So, yeah, and the other night, he asked me out on a date; I obviously said yes. At that night, I confessed, and he, too, said he liked me. Then he asked me to be his girlfriend. The end," she finishes.

I was still kind of curious to who this Luke was. For all I know it could be Luke Hemmings.

“So, what’s his full name,” I ask out of curiosity.

“Promise you won’t kill him?” I laugh at her question.

“Promise,”  

“His name is,” she pauses again, adding a dramatic effect. “Luke Hemmings,” she states, making me jump out of my seat.

I am shocked, honestly. I was not expecting it to be actually Luke. Like, way to jinx it.

I felt really glad for Callie, though. I was so proud of her that she finally managed to get out of that shell. What made me even more ecstatic was the fact that it was Luke who broke down her walls. I knew he was a gentleman; a little mischievous, but a gentleman, nonetheless.  

“Oh, Luke,” I emphasize, giving her the hint that I knew him. Suddenly, Callie went silent.

“Wait, you know him?”

I giggle to the phone. “Yes I do. He is very crazy, but fun.”

“Oh my Geezies, can you please say hi to him for me. Tell him I love him and that he is my one and only.” I giggle.

“I will make sure to do that,” I say, smiling sincerely. I was genuinely happy for her.

“Anyway, congratulations. I’ll love you and leave you; I need to go sleep.” I yawn at the mention of sleep.

“G’night,” she states before cutting the line. I put my phone on top of my table and go down to put my ice cream. After that, I do my night routine and drift into deep, deep slumber, with the last thought of Callie and Luke.

I can already feel the glare of the sunlight as I flutter my eyes open. I cover my eyes, still not used to the suns sheer light. I blink multiple times in order for my eyes to adjust to the morning light.

I do my morning routine and immediately head to school with my brothers.

When I reach the hall to my locker, I immediately see Harry and Ashton conversing by my locker. I called them to get their attention. “Hey, Skylar.” They both greet me a good morning.

I walk with them to my first class, occasionally joining their conversation. Suddenly, one subject got my attention.

“So, Luke’s got a girlfriend,” Ashton says to Harry, which made Harry look at him weirdly, obviously thinking he’s joking. Harry rolled his eyes and chuckled slightly. "As if."