Chapter 6: The Dare And The Other Surprise

It's been two weeks since I have been in The University. Nothing special is happening with me. Just simply hanging out with Lorraine and Callie on weekends and occasional fights with Ashton. Like I said, noting special.

I step out of the chemistry lab, nausea hitting me. I was still affected with that experiment. I took deep breaths, trying to think of my happy place.

"Oh dear Lord," I say, not getting over the experiment. I mean come on it almost exploded! It wasn't entirely my fault. I was about to pour a few drops of the blue solution, but Daniel passed by and accidentally hit my elbow, resulting to me dropping more than expected. I still couldn't build a bridge and get over it.  

"Hey, what's up, Sky!" I gave Harry the permit to call me Sky.

"Hi," I state, still dumbfounded. He looks at me, concerned. "You okay?" I shake my head, deciding to be honest. I mean come on, I'm not gonna be like 'Oh, I'm fine' when I need some help.

"The experiment. . . boom, boom." I don't needs to explain further, be cause he already understands. His eyes were wide with bewilderment. "Oh my god," he states before laughing. I scowled at him, but joined him anyway.

"So, what did you say about meeting your friends?" I almost forgot, I promised that I would introduce him and my best friends. "Oh, right! How about on Sunday, this week," I ask him. He nodded in response.

"Okay then." With that we walk in comfortable silence, heading to the class where we will be lab partners.

"No way!" A familiar, faint voice could be heard from the empty class room. Me and Harry stopped in our tracks to listen. So what if we were eavesdropping?

"Come on, Ash, it'll be fun," a different voice said. We hear a groan and a reply. "Michael, why do I have to?" I suddenly recognize the voice as Ashton's. Hm, looks like I might have something for blackmail.

"Becauseit's gonna look good. And plus, you need a girlfriend." I wonder who they're talking about. Not that I care. "Michael, you're stupid. And why would I even bother to go out with her. She's weird." A different voice as now talking, why I assumed was Calum,"Man, you always take the fun out of everything." I could already imagine Ashton scowling at Calum.

"No," was his simple answer. I now heard a chuckle. "Do you just hate her, or are you too chicken to do it." This time, Luke asked. "What? No," Ashton exclaims. "Then do it." Luke was taunting him, it was obvious. After that I hear a groan. "Fine."

"Let's go. It sounds like their conversation is over. We better leave before they see us." I almost forgot that Harry was listening, too; I was too focused in their conversation. "Yeah," I say to him, agreeing.

"What do you think that was about," I ask him. He shrug, saying he, too, didn't know. I nod, shrugging it off. LikeIcar
Morning came by quickly. And by the time it was already lunch time. Me and Harry walked inside the cafeteria. The one with the Starbucks. We walked to the lunch table that we share with the rest of his band. I greet them and excuse myself to buy some lunch.

As I was walking to the line, the cafeteria suddenly went dead silent. I turn around, curious. In the entrance was none other than Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton. Ashton was scowling, and his grip in his guitar was so tight, his knuckles turned white.

"Everyone, I would like to sing a song for the only lady it his school." His eyes met mine and they were full of hatred. "Skylar Rossi." His voice spat my name, every word lacing with venom.