Chapter 12: The Best Friends (SAMPLE/TEASER)

HEY GUYS. THIS IS JUST A TEASER FOR CHAPTER 12. Since I didn't find time to continue writing this chapter. I'm just going to give you a sample. After I'm finished writing this chappie, I promise I will upload it ASAP. I know some of you are really anxious to read this. And I don't all of you to get mad. :D Thanks for the undying support and I hope you enjoy the sample for Chapter 12.

Mr. Angelo’s voice boomed inside the High School Activity Room, making students cringe a little. “Good morning, students,” his thick British accent was evident. Mr. Angelo was the coordinator for the juniors and seniors.

It was Friday, so that meant we had our early morning announcements; we have this every end of the week.

“Students, as you all know, prom is coming.” Some of the seniors cheered, making Mr. Angelo glare at them. “And since this is an all-boys school, we are obliged to be partnered up with the ladies from Cladris University.” I perked up when I heard the name of the school I used to go. 

The auditorium erupted in chatter. I examined the seniors and they were all pretty cool about it. Most of the noise was coming from the juniors.

“The seniors are most probably familiar of this because of last year’s prom. Now, juniors, since this is your first prom, you might not know that it is compulsory to escort a lady from Cladris University, since them, too, is a school for only girls.” The juniors erupted into more chatter, which Mr. Angelo quickly shushed.

“Next Tuesday, you will be given free time to meet the ladies of said University. Now, since we were taught to be gentlemen, we will be going to their school. Are there any questions?” Mr. Angelo scanned the room and spotted one blonde student raising their hand. “Yes, Mr. Mitchell?” He stood up and looked at me. “If I may asked, what about the lovely lady that is the daughter of Travis?” Suddenly, all eyes were on me.

“Yes, well, any one of you may escort her. Just simply ask her like a normal person. That is, if her father doesn’t mind,” he looked at me with a questioning look. I then took that as a sign to answer. “I’m sure my father won’t mind.” He nodded, “Very well. Are there any more questions?” Since no one raised a hand, he took that as a sign to go on.

“Since we are done with that, we shall take the time to acknowledge and thank those who helped in the assembly of this dance. First off, let us thank the students who made the whole program and the flow.” He looked down at his paper and read, “Student council vice president, Alec Mitchell and secretary, Trevor Filan,” two students stood up, and I noticed one of them was the one who asked a question awhile ago. Mr. Angelo continued, “along with Morgan Montgomery and Beau Harving.” Two guys from the seniors stood up and went to the stage.

“Next, for the collection of donations and funds from the students who helped save up for this event. Let us welcome our Student council treasurer, Harry Styles.” Harry stood up beside me and walked up to the stage. He whispered to Mr. Angelo. “Oh, and also to the homeroom/classroom treasurers. Thank you for your time and effort.”

“Let us proceed. Let us also acknowledge the students who used their creativity to decorate and plan the theme for this dance: Ashton Irwin and Skylar Rossi.” I perked up once I heard my name. I was confused, until I remembered helping out in the decorations.

Ashton stood up first. I followed and trailed behind him, following him to the stage. “Yes, thank you.”

Mr. Angelo continued the announcements. We bowed after all the acknowledgements were done. I smiled at my achievement. Although it was minor, it still mattered to me. Hey, this is going to be in my record.