seven

one month goes by fastly for jeongin. he became close to jisung through being paired up for various activities. he's a big talker—so jeongin knows probably every single gossip topic, though he doesn't care much. a hot topic as of now is felix, or rather him and changbin. rumor has it, felix and changbin have been meeting privately. minho spotted them two days ago.

"i cant believe you would tell me—your best friend!" jisung exclaims as felix sits cross-leg on the bottom bunk of one of the beds. jeongin is situated next to jisung on his bunk, and minho is across from them, next to felix.

felix scoffs, "right, because you have the right to know everyone's business ji." he seems annoyed at jisung, which jeongin can understand.

"i'm not the one who said anything though." jisung directs his gaze to minho, who is squinting his eyes. "i may be a loud mouth sometimes but i didn't start spreading the 'rumor'." he uses finger quotes since felix hasn't exactly confirmed its true, but everyone knows it is.

" maybe if you—" minho begins angerly but is immediately interrupted.

"everyone just shut up!" felix yells, startling jeongin and minho. he stands and walks out of the cabin, obviously distressed.

"great, look what you di—"

"not right now, minho." jisung stands and leaves as well, trying to find felix. he cannot believe minho.

jeongin is left by jisung and now sits alone. minho doesn't move though, he just sits, breathing heavily. jeongin pulls his attention up from the ground to minho and looks at him, not saying a word.

"what the hell are you looking at?" he exclaims. "oh, right, you can't talk. god, i don't see what jisung sees in you." jeongin is confused as to what he means, but the words hurt nonetheless. it didn't help that what he said was the truth. he doesn't deserve friends, he doesn't see what jisung sees either.

jeongin doesn't respond and minho angrily storms out, leaving the younger by himself. he feels a bit lonely as he sits on jisung's bunk, playing with the sleeves of his sweatshirt. that is, until he sees a glimpse of someone walking past the cabin, which jeongin knows is chan.

you could say that over the past month, jeongin became more comfortable around him. they don't talk a lot, or at all really, but even little greetings put a smile on the youngers' face. he hasn't really been upset at all either, so that's another reason why they haven't been talking.

he sprouts up from his seat and peaks around the door, seeing as chan walks further away from the cabin. jeongin, feeling mischievous (and wanting chans attention) attempts to silently follow him in order to scare him. though, the plan is foiled as a loud voice yells,

"jeonginie! what are you doing?"

chan automatically turns at the mention of the name, and jeongin is still tip-toeing behind him. chan smirks and waits for him to get closer before embarrassing him. soon jeongin bumps into something as he's searching for where the voice came from. he turns to see what it is and, it's chan. standing with a smirk on that pretty face of his. jeongins cheeks burn crimson from the embarrassment, great job jeongin.

"yeah, what are you doing, jeonginie?" chan imitates and jeongin is full blown a tomato now. he never expected chan of all people to use that nickname like, ever.

"i- uh," he stumbles. "i was gonna scare you..?" jeongin scratches his neck and nervously laughs.

"you know you're not that scary, jeongin." chan replies, which causes jeongin to suddenly become defensive.

"i can be when i want to! you're lucky that someone yelled because i would have scared the socks off of you!" jeongin crosses his arms and sulks, pouting his lips. chan laughs at the younger in front of him.