nine

ever since what happened, jeongin can't shake it from his mind. did i actually do that? what happens now? jeongin has no clue and he's too scared to confront the elder, but he can't hide forever, though he'd like to try.

so, with the help of jisung, they fake him being sick in the morning, and of course sick people can't participate in activities, so jeongin now lays in his bed, playing with the tag of his pillow. jisung checks on him every so often, asking if he's sure he doesn't want to play kickball or go for a swim. jeongin can't bring himself to even get out of bed. god, how embarrassing is that? he knows it's not long before chan notices that he's gone, and he dreads every second of it.

jisung suddenly starts running inside the cabin, smile on his face. he sits at the end of jeongins bunk. "guess what? we're going on a trip to jeju island friday!" he exclaims, turning around when he hears more people walk in. minho slowly walks behind felix, who also seems to be happy about the upcoming trip. they both sit across from the two and join the conversation, much to jisung's dismay.

"i heard that we can pick our tent mates," jisung states. "don't worry jeonginie, you can stay with me." he smiles, linking arms with the younger. jeongin feels the burning state of minho, so wiggles out from jisung's grip.

"i-it's okay. i think i'll pass on the trip." jeongin declines and jisung's excited expression drops.

"what? c'mon jeonginie," jisung leans closer to his ear, whispering the next part. "you don't have to talk to chan, you can stick with me. i'll help."

jeongin hesitates before giving a response, but inevitable nods in agreement. who can say no to jisungs puppy eyes? no one, the answer is no one.

jisung jumps up ecstatically, "great! i'm gonna go put your name down on the sheet! felix, come with me." he says, pulling the (day) younger by the sleeve. now, jeongin is left again with minho. it's still awkward between them, ever since what minho said. jeongin fears that he'll begin yelling at him again so he begins to lie down in hopes that minho goes away.

after a minute, minho taps jeongin. "jeongin..?" he doesnt move, but hums in response.

"i'm sorry for lashing out on you before. i was.. jealous, of you. and jisung. i.. kinda like him and i thought he liked you, so i was mean to you." minho admits. jeongin sits up suprised.

"you.. like jisung??" he widens his eyes. wow, so chan is right.. no, stop thinking about chan.

"y-yeah, but thats not the point. i'm sorry for what i said.." he states again, and jeongin sighs.

"it's okay, i understand." jeongin offers a small nod before being interrupted by someone falling into the front door. minho and jeonhin jump up at the sudden crash and see that its felix, with jisung standing behind him.

"what the hell?" minho asks while felix is in the progress of standing up. "were you eavesdropping?" he adds. felix's eyes begin to shake and jisung chimes in, denying the allegation.

"no, we weren't! i just heard my name mentioned.." jisung rubbed the back of his neck while minho stood awkwardly. the uneasy feeling stays until a bell rang, signaling it's dinner time.

the three scurry off, but jisung stops, turns and yells to jeongin, "i'll bring you back a plate full of food!" before running again.