Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Songs for this chapter:

> Friends-Anne-Marie ft. Marshmallow

>Somebody-The Chainsmokers

>Do Something-Matthew West

       One month already passed since the twins' comeback. We went to college together often, helped each other studying, watched good movies together, went shopping together, and we surely had to play our traditional game. Well yeah, we really had lots of fun. But Cole didn't always want to come shopping with us or have a cup of coffee at Starbucks or wherever. It's normal for guys not to like girly things, I understand.

I hope that's the case.

Cole didn't really seem as happy as I, Abby and Gabrielle were. It felt like he was hiding something, something that he really needs to get off his chest, something that was prohibiting him from having a cool time.Me being the crazy person I am, I had to do something about it.

"Hey Cole, can you come down for a second, and, maybe go for a walk with me? I need to talk to you, I can't really do it on the phone".

"Hm, alright give me a minute and I'll come down and meet you Sky".

WHAT DID I JUST DO.SKYLER, YOU'RE CRAZY.Honestly, I was scared Cole wouldn't open up about his feelings, I don't want to seem like a fool in front of him after all.

"Alright, so you need to tell me something, I guess?" he asked with confusion.

"Look Cole, you don't have to answer, I mean it's just kind of a weird question...but, hm, is everything okay? Like is there anything you need to talk about? It just saddens me when someone's not having a good time so yeah I actually wanted to let you know that if you need anything, I'm here to help. You know, friends always got each other's back".

"Fascinating", he nodded, "fascinating".

"What's so "fascinating" about it Cole? Come on I'm not trying to joke around I want to solve a serious problem".

He interrupted me and shouted:"What problem Skyler? What are you talking about, what the hell is wrong with you today?!". I turned red and my cheeks felt so hot. He looked into my watery eyes and he said with a bold tone again:"sensitive girls wherever I go. I'm really done with that".

"Cole, I was just trying to help you feel relieved by talking to someone. It's obvious that there's something really bad bothering you. But you know what's worse than that? The fact that you don't want to talk about it, and you shouted at the only person who really tried to help you", I looked at him and said every single word with an extreme anger.

He rolled his eyes 180˚. I turned as I finished my last two words and wanted to walk back home alone.

"Who said you were the only one trying to do that? How shall I know it's not some fake junk again?" he shouted so loud while I was running back home.

Woah. I froze. I was hypnotized as I heard those "fascinating" sentences coming out of Cole's mouth. I'd never expect him to say something like that...to me, at least. I thought he'd be a chilling person, I've never imagined that unpredictable comeback from him.People really do change quite a lot through the years.

Abby may be right when she said: "Your ego's higher than the Eiffel Tower itself"...

There must be something really bad happening. I mean, he could've easily talked about it but his issue seems to be a little more complicated than I thought it would.

As I got home and sat in my bedroom, I couldn't help but think hard about what he said. It felt like I was trying to unravel some stupid code.

Wait, he mentioned something similar to junk but I can't remember what it was exactly. Oh, it was "fake junks again"! What is this even supposed to mean?Alright wait, I guess that "again" has a deeper meaning. What if he was talking about fake people who pranked him once and he was scared for that "fake junk" to happen "again"? What if he has trust issues now?Well, I guess we all have trust issues but Cole's seems to be set at a higher level.

I need to figure it out.

I just hope I don't run out of time.

Author's note: Alrighttt that chapter is the key to everything that's coming! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do and lots of love again xxx