Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Songs for this chapter:

> Love on the brain- Rihanna

> Don't stop the music- Rihanna

>The nights- Avicii

          "What are you up to?" I asked him while we were leaving the beach.

"Nothing besides the fact that I want to stay with you for the rest of the day, do you mind Mrs. Smith?" he said and hugged me.

"Stop calling me like that! It feels weird. Who am I to call me like that!"

"You're Mrs. Smith" he winked at me and smirked.

"You really switched my mood, I wasn't feeling the best, especially today..."He stopped walking as he heard me saying this.

 "What's wrong Sky?"

"I got fired from my job today and I really need to find another job. I am almost an adult now so I don't want to be that one person who is always asking their parents for money, that's rude for an adult, or may I say an adult-to-be"Cole noticed my sad face and tried to change my facial expressions with his hands. That was like the cutest and yet dumbest thing anyone has ever done. But who cares as long as it makes me feel good.He makes me feel safe.Today's the first day in which I feel that Cole is being himself around me.

Things are changing. WE are changing.

"I am always here if you need anything" he told me.

"Don't worry it isn't a permanent issue".

"Yeah, I really hope so. Anyways so I was thinking that maybe we could be honest about things, now that we are...wait, what are we?" I froze and turned red as I said this. I felt so awkward.

"Be my girlfriend".

"Wait what?"

"Be my girlfriend. Pourquoi pas?"

"Since when you're fluent in French anyway? You're weird." I laughed and gave him a hug around his waist as I was shorter than him.

"Since I started practicing for that moment". He leaned over and kissed me again. "So?"

"It's weird to say but...yes, gladly"."Glad that you feel the same way. The feeling of rejection or being left out hits me hard. So hard" he looked down as we were walking and looked so sad.

"Alright, I really need to ask you now that you mentioned this. Cole, do you have any past experience with friends that wasn't that good...I know that this is something people do not enjoy talking about but it has been confusing me for the past few weeks."

"You guessed"He looked so upset and I felt bad for making him feel that way but it was time to ask him."When I was in London, I made myself some friends with whom I enjoyed being around. We were kids and it was all about being innocent. Later on as we grew up, they betrayed me and that was the one and only betrayal I will never forget about. It's even worse than just a simple betrayal"

"I feel sorry Cole but-"

"Let me finish this once and for all Sky. So as we got older, everything changed. They took the game on another level. Yes, I'm talking about how that innocence disappeared through the years. It wasn't there anymore, not a slightly bit of it. Camila, Reuben, Charles and Zoe came over at my place after an exhausting day at school, it was our senior year. And..." .Cole let out a tear but turned around fast to wipe it. "Anyways so I asked my dad for some money so we can all go out, party and have some fun. They heard me. They knew my dad was a business man. They knew he was wealthy..."

"Oh! What happened later then?" I felt so bad already.

"So we went out partying and they all asked me kindly to pay for their drinks because they couldn't afford it. Me being the generous friend I am, I paid for their drinks. Later on, I had to go to the bathroom, so Reuben said that he, Charles, Zoe and Camila will wait for me. Once I was done using the bathroom, I couldn't unlock the door. It felt like there was something heavy that was blocking the bathroom door. I found out then that the four of them locked it and wouldn't let me get out so I started to scream asking for help. They said from the other side of the door that the only way they would let me out is to give them all of my father's money. I didn't know what to do so..."I busted out crying as I started to imagine the situation Cole has been put in. I never knew friendships could be THAT bad."So I immediately said okay fine. Then they unlocked the door and let me out. Luckily, I managed to escape and ran really fast. I had to tell my parents about it so that they are aware of the situation and that is basically the reason why we moved back to California...I wanted to get away from all of them even though they had texted me a thousand times later saying that they were unaware of the things they did when they were drunk."

"Wait I thought that you came back because your dad found a good job here as Gabi might have told me and Abby?"

"That was actually what we said to everyone because I just couldn't imagine myself telling every single person these little details."Cole really shocked me. I cried so much and couldn't stop blaming myself for losing contact with him while he was in California. Things would have been better maybe, who knows?I really didn't know what to do. I needed someone to hug me but he was the one who needed hugs the most. We hugged really tight and he was trying not to cry.

"I am sorry for reminding you of all of those fake junks. I really didn't know it was that bad. I just wanted to fix things" I told him shyly.

"And I guess you just did" he put both of his hands on my face.

"How even Mr. Sprouse?"

"You are the only person, besides my parents and Gabi whom I could tell the story in every single detail. I feel relieved now that I have told you, it's like I have gotten something off my chest".Those words astonished me. I actually don't know what was astonishing me more, his soft words or the deep stare into my eyes, the world may never know.

"Look at me Cole", I placed my hand under his chin.

"That's what I have been doing".

"Looking deep into your green eyes healed me in so many unexplainable ways"

"And so did yours, girlfriend".

We kissed like there was no tomorrow, we kissed like it was our last day together, we kissed like we have never did before, we kissed like two prisoners who finally escaped the cells.

Author's note: my second fav chapter oh my God I really don't know how I even got that idea. LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE IT, PLEASE. THANK YOU AND HELLA LOTS OF LOVE FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY STORY XXXX