Chapter 1 - Sally Sue's Soup

I was trudging through the mounts of snow trying to pass through. It felt like I was kicking weights to get by. The snow falling above me felt like tiny feathers lightly falling, barely touching my warm, milk chocolate skin. The weather didn't really help with my mood. My heart felt betrayed, envy, and abandoned.I start to wonder if I can find shelter or at least a gas station where I can get out of this weather because I start to feel more pressure of wind start to hit my frozen face.

Two miles up the alleyway I spot a diner, Sally Sue's Soup. YUMMM... Hot warm soup. I enter the diner and a warm, goodness, at home-feel gust of air greets my body friendly. I grab a table. A waitress named Rachel takes my order. She has blond, wavy hair with purple highlights. Rachel had crystal blue eyes that looked the the Caribbean Sea. With her Irish accent she asks me what I would like. ''Coffee please.'' '' Is that all you want honey?'' ''Yes Maa'm,'' I reply.

Then she quickly swift away. I glanced around the room, trying to keep my eyes busy.The wallpaper has a light shade of blue with grey cursive writing that was signed by different celebreties like, George Clooney, Jessica Simpson, and Brett Micheals. That must have been amazing to have different famous, well- known people who discover your diner and sign their name on your walls with grey paint. The booths are filled with silver and gold flower designs swirling in and out of each and every couple of inches.

My phone buzzed.''Uh...not you again,'' I muttered. ''Will you ever stop?'' I tucked my phone into my coat pocket.

Five minutes later Rachel came back with a warm cup of hot coffee, a chicken sandwich, and cheese fries. My amazed eyes wondered around the table looking at the load of food. '' Um, excuse me Maa'm I only ordered a cup of coffee .'' '' Oh honey this was not a mistake.. you looked like you haven't eaten since yesterday,'' Rachel said. '' Well thank you and your right. I have been wandering the streets looking for food, but I got lost because I just came into town.''

''Sugar, you tell me what happened because I can stand a few minutes or I can walk away right now and not be in your hair.'' '' I think you should stay because I have some troubles lately.'' ''Why don't you tell me all about it honey.'' Rachel says as she slides into the booth across from me. Rachel gently touches my hands from across the table and says, '' Don't hold back honey, let it all out, you can trust me.''