Chapter 6

I cringe at the sound of his voice, it was a bit lower than usual, but it was more than likely he was tired of waiting. He gave a large sigh as he sat up in Sherlocks chair. "Oh how I have missed this chair." The sound of his voice echoed through my ears and clawed at my brain.

"That's not your chair, it never was." I snap around and face the man with the voice. "You get out of the chair at once!" I was furiated, how could he come in here? Not one phone call or text message. Just comes here on his own terms. 

"Or what, hm, you are going to use your army doctor techniques to make me leave." He smiled a devious smile that made me shiver.

"Or I will call the police for you trespassing." I remark.

"Have you forgot who I am, I am Mycroft Holmes the leader of the government, you can't throw me in prison," Mycroft smiled yet again. "I came here willingly under my own busy schedule to see how the search for my dear bother is going."

That stopped me, I didn't know if the man was him or not, he was too fast. I was to scared to get a look at him. "It's fine." I lie to him.

"Really were you there today? you know I paid you to go everyday to look for him." He slumped back into the chair. "Now, I know you weren't there today. Dear Watson, do you want the money, or don't you."

"No!" I turn to him, "I don't want your money, take it. If I wanted Sherlock back I would have started looking a long time ago. You never were going to pay me anyways." I open the door and move my hand to point out. "Now if you excuse me, you have to leave."

"John I could pay you." Mycroft got up and came towards me. "Please help me find my brother."

I grab his shirt and pull him into where there was only inches of space between us, I slowly say to him, "Why don't you pay someone to find your balls. So you can man up and look for your own brother." Then I threw him out to the hallway, slamming the door in his face before he got the chance to say anything. That felt good, it felt like I had excitement in my life again.

I go over and see that he had slightly moved Sherlocks chair slightly out of place. I give a great big grieving sigh. "Oh Sherlock, whatever shall I do, no income yet again. Shall I go and look for one at the hospital?" There was only complete silence that fell into that little flat on Baker Street. "Please Sherlock, give me a sign that you are still here." Then the phone rings.

I walk over and see no caller ID on it. Hm that's peculiar. I answer it. "Hello, who is this?" I don't hear anything on the other end of the phone, then I hear a sniffle. "Sherlock is that you?" I say with hope finally held high in my heart. Then the phone hangs up. It was probably wrong number.

~~~~

A few weeks had passed since that phone call and it was now Christmas week; Christmas would fall on a Saturday this year. I was out and about in the city when I came by that shop yet again. It still had the notepad and pen in the shop, this time marked lower. I walk in and look at it.

"That's a fine notebook and pen set, isn't it." The shopkeeper spoke enthusiastically towards me.

"Indeed it is. I was actually hoping to buy it." I say turning to him.

"Oh is it for a special someone?" He asks walking behind the register.

"You could say that," I say handing him the money. "Well thank you." I grab the shopping bag and walking out.

When I get home I set the bag down and get ready to wrap all the presents. I wrap Miss. Hudson's present first, it was a new tea set. It had hand painted flowers on it. Next, I wrap Greg's present, it was a new coffee mug, it said 'not my cuppa tea,' which was comical. Third, Molly's present, I got her some red lipstick a bottle of perfume and a gift card for coffee. After I finished taping the present Miss. Hudson came up. She came home from the hospital the other day.