Final Chapter

Two long and at the same time short years had passed since that traumatic experience of Niall. He himself knew that he should go to psychological therapy, which he did, but above all he needed to be filled with love and affection, which his family took care of.

The Irishman was asleep in his bed, a while ago he had felt the cold and empty space left by his boyfriend when he got up to go jogging. He, however, preferred to cheat on him with his bed. And it was until the sun's rays hit his eyes but he wanted to continue sleeping, that's what happens when you have to take care of a five-year-old while his father is traveling to other countries for days, sometimes even months.

"It's today!" He heard the scream of a small voice when the door was opened abruptly "Today is the day!" Suddenly a weight between light and heavy was placed on his body. Niall stretched and removed his son from his frightened.

"Love, I know you're excited, but do not do that again, it's impolite." Niall yawned. "Especially if Daddy is tired and sleeping."

"I'm sorry, Daddy, but today is the day and I'm excited" said the little boy jumping on the bed.

"Calm down, cowboy" the Irishman held his little boy between the sheets and sheltered him with him "Remember, no big dogs, we agreed a small one" the boy just laughed.

"All right, fool daddy." Niall smiled when the boy kissed his cheek. He never thought he could love anyone more than Liam.

"Where is dad?"

"He's doing that thing he always does in the mornings in those rare machines." Niall laughed but understood that Liam made reference to his dad was working out. "And he said he would make breakfast today. Waffles!"

"I like waffles, go and tell him right away" Liam nodded and got out of bed full of infantile energy.

Niall laughed looking at him so excited because both he and his dad had made him accept having a dog at home. The Irishman erased his smile as soon as the child left and got up to lock the door. He went back to the bed and from the drawer next to the bed he took out a sealed box.

"It's just as a precaution" he also said taking the pregnancy test out of his box and going to the bathroom. In the short journey from the bed to the bathroom, the Irishman repeated himself over and over and over again "you aren't".

It was just a precaution, it was what he had invented when he had all the symptoms two weeks ago. "If it happens again, don't be afraid" he clearly heard the voice of the psychologist in his head, but it was easier said than done.

Niall left the test on the toilet and undressed to shower, while lathering his body, stroking his flat stomach imagining being fat again. The last time was something horrible, he did not want to repeat it again, run the risk of having another baby, his mind could not control it, or even worse Liam could leave him to kill babies.

The Irishman closed the key and sighed, after drying he went out to brush his teeth and get dressed. Once his shoes were already shod, he returned to the bathroom feeling the heart in his throat. He wanted and he did not want to be. Deep down he knew he wanted to be, but his brain screamed at him that it was better not to be and not take the risk, with his little one was enough, but he always dreamed of a big, very big family.

And he was.

And he smiled, but did not know if happiness or sadness, he soon knew it was a mixture of the two when his tears ran down his cheeks. Once again he was pregnant, and he was glad for it, but not at the same time. What if that happened again? What if it did not happen? What if Liam had someone to play with all day and would not feel lonely?